Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford, were you there???

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
The coach stopped off in Stroud on the way home. My head had been like a pressure cooker all day y the end of the game it was pounding.I had nothing left.That pub in Stroud felt like we had lost instead of saved our league status.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There is nothing wrong with looking back at Hereford, Archer, Priestfield etc. However it is a little bit like when you didn't eat all your dinner as a kid and your mum said "There are starving boys and girls in Africa who would give their eye teeth for what you won't eat!" Yes there are starving kids, yes it's great that in England we've eradicated starvation and famine from our own shores - but I still hate parsnips and won't eat them no matter how much of a guilt trip you try and lay on me.

An Albion match is a bit like a meal (bear with me here). Just because I might think it's crap and don't like the food it doesn't me I'm not grateful to have the food in the first place. Likewise I can complain about an individual Albion performance but that doesn't mean I'm 'moaning' about our beloved club.

Jan 30, 2008
remember before the game on the way into ledbury the coach had to pull up for a comfort break :whistle: most lined up on the verge and gave the ground a good soaking, MUCH TO THE AMUSEMENT FROM PASSING MOTORISTS :cheery:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I was there on Harty's coach from Chapmans,which good stuck in 2nd gear on the way to Boxhill.
The replacement arrived and we headed for Ledbury as everyone was leaving.
Great result and great after party at Newbury,

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I was there with my wife, father, sister and brother-in-law; all Hereford born and bred. In the home stand, tickets arranged by my father-in-law, a steward of 30 years standing; it was his last game.

Seems strange that as we face the possibility of Premier League football, The Bulls look like they're going back out of the league.

Jan 30, 2008
I was there with my wife, father, sister and brother-in-law; all Hereford born and bred. In the home stand, tickets arranged by my father-in-law, a steward of 30 years standing; it was his last game.

Seems strange that as we face the possibility of Premier League football, The Bulls look like they're going back out of the league.
:laugh:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I don't think some of you were there because of all the negative stuff that is said on here. If you were there, well just looking at the Amex would make you smile. Chance of playoffs to the Premiership and some of you are still negative about the way we play and Gus....a little Brighton and Hove Albion history lesson from the last 16 years would be good. Go on shoot me down in flames about how long or how many posts I've made on here, then look up Half Time at Hereford in the Gold posts.

I was there. And it will never be bettered, not even if we win the Champions League. Unique day, and feel priviliged to have experienced it. Also would have snatched your hand of in May if you had guaranteed me 20th place this season in the championship.

Don't understand what that and having an opinion about the way our season is falling away are connected?

Was you at Burnley? Was you at Forest? Was you at Blackpool? Was you at Doncaster? Then you may understand why some people are questioning Gus' tactics.

Bring yourself up to date mate. Live in the now, not the past.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Here's another one.

Can anyone who was at the Goldstone on this day, watch this video and not feel a heap of emotation each and every time you watch it. The louder the better!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm proud to say I was there. Amongst my circle of friends we are known as "The Hereford 4" (yes, unbelievably I do have more than 3 other mates, honest).

After the head-in-hands 15 minutes of half time, where none of us said a word, my abiding memory of the day is on the drive home in brilliant sunshine (after all day had been grey), where we stopped off at a pub called The Air Balloon and had a drink in the beer garden. And as per the classic line uttered by John Candy in my all time favourite comedy film Planes Trains and Automobiles, I said:.

"We can laugh about it now - we're alright"

I'll never forget that day, and every time I see that film, that line takes me back there again.

bhafc arundel

Apr 4, 2012
arundel
Me and my best mate at the time Julian were in the hereford end (top stand sitting down) and when we scored we jumped up and went mad with several other Brighton in the stand.The worst and best day off my football life

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was there, me and a few mates stayed in Bath the night before. Amazing match. Whatever happens to me in my life, the Stuart Storer goal and the match at Hereford will always be with me. Always.

Up The Albion

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
popped back into Cheltenham afterwards :cheers:,coach over heated on the A23 on the way back :annoyed:

Tyson v Bruno @ Cheltenham what a bunch of pissheads that whole day .How many black rubbish sacks did our driver empty out each stop ??? LOL

So to the O/P yes i was @ Hereford.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I was there ( but who really cares ) anyway everytime I hear oasis " wonderwall "it always reminds me of the day , hearing it on the tannoy before the game a few hundred singing along to it " today was gonna be the day " and what a day it was .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here