Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

here we go again

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
apparently (again) loyalty points are just not fair, and should be scrapped outright.

Ok, these complaints are coming from the usual big game crowd, don't support the team then complain when they cant go to a big game.

Then one lady said this completely outright:

'I don't have any loyalty points and it's (newcastle) the first game I'm managing to get to and wanted 3 tickets. (I) think you should just be able to buy them without loyalty points.'

I know some people have to commit to certain things in their life, be it work, family, hollidays...and I'm not ruling out this lady might have work that stops her from going.

But it sums up the sense of entitlement some people think they have over people who bother to support the club.

It's the same thing that happened with liverpool tickets, only one person dared to ask what right do supporters have over arm chair arnie who wears a united shirt. Without loyalty points I, as a STH, would probably be bounced out of my seat as well as many of you in this community.

Supporting a club takes time, effort, love, and money...not just turning up to one match..

Totally agree. Those who are loyal to the club earn loyalty points and should be rewarded, then if any tickets are left they go on sale to those who only wish to attend high profile matches. When the capacity is increased to 30,000 those with no loyalty points should be happy but will obviously find something else to moan about. I'm sure that The breakfast shows on BBC radio Sussex will invite listeners to phone in and slag the club off, as seems to be the norm, aided and abetted by that smarmy presenter who hosts it.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
You will always get the worms coming out of the woodwork for the "big games".
Always have & always will.

Makes me laugh when people who have little interest in the Albion will ask me "can you get me a ticket?"

Erm, no!

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I think it is a good system but I think it's stupid that I got less points for going to Watford than I would at a home cup game!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When did this lady say this and where was she ?

Fur Cough

Had exactly the same thing for the Liverpool game, receptionist got stroppy as she thought the tickets should be shared because it wasn't fair that people went all the time.

So far this week I've been asked by 3 different people to get them a ticket who have never set foot in the Amex let alone Withers.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Due to money problems, I've only been to a couple of games all season so I don't have enough points to go straight in and get a Newcastle ticket.

That's fine. I love the club and I wish I would go, but there's thousands of other people who love the club as much as I do and have been present for more of the ride this season. I'm ok with that and I think any fan who couldn't make enough games this season would realise that too. Unless they were more interested in watching Newcastle than Albion.

although getting a ticket for me and 'The Boy' was a breeze, trying to get one for Mrs DrN (who over the years has been to several run of the mill home and aways) was a pain in the arse, Palace away was a diffrent matter, I've no chance and have ended up in their end, However If I hear any one slagging off the loyalty points system, and I'm not a violent man Mr Fawlty, I'll give a kick up thge arse of 'Bishop Brennan' proportions, there, said it!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
For money reasons I've only been to a handful of games this season but definitely wouldn't expect to be able to get a ticket for this game ahead of people who have been more often.

That said, half the games I've been to have been tickets that other people haven't used so my loyalty points don't show what I've actually been to, but that's besides the points.

The whole point of, erm, loyalty points is so that, when we do have big games, people who just want to see a big team and have never been to a game can't come out of the woodwork and force out people who are with the club week in week out.

I'm on the waiting list for a ST next year so, once I've got that, if we get a glamour tie this time next season I'll buy my ticket quite happily, but until then I'll accept that I'm low in the pecking order.

(Fortunately, however, I've sorted out a ticket courtesy of a STH who can't make it :banana:)

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
For money reasons I've only been to a handful of games this season but definitely wouldn't expect to be able to get a ticket for this game ahead of people who have been more often.

That said, half the games I've been to have been tickets that other people haven't used so my loyalty points don't show what I've actually been to, but that's besides the points.

The whole point of, erm, loyalty points is so that, when we do have big games, people who just want to see a big team and have never been to a game can't come out of the woodwork and force out people who are with the club week in week out.

I'm on the waiting list for a ST next year so, once I've got that, if we get a glamour tie this time next season I'll buy my ticket quite happily, but until then I'll accept that I'm low in the pecking order.

(Fortunately, however, I've sorted out a ticket courtesy of a STH who can't make it :banana:)

people on the season ticket waiting list are heroes, enough said. Good to have you aboard, might see you next season, you never know :)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While I think the Loyalty Points System is fair my concerns are that despite having a season ticket at The Withdean for 5 years and a current one at The Amex, an Alive & Kicking Member and a Heritage Stone Holder that I let my season ticket lapse for 2 seasons due to moving and yet have been penailsed and am unable to get a Palace ticket.

Also being unable to get the ticket for the Palace game I am unable to add to my Loyalty Points meaning that those above me have pushed further ahead on the pecking order.

As I say it is fair but just bloody frustrating that now I have to sweat over the keyboard tonight (not bashing one out) in the hope of a ticket.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would have got one this season, but when they went on sale I was working shift work that involved working Saturdays. Just after they sold out I was in a different job that is 9-5, so I added myself to the list in anticipation for next year. Thankfully I still made it to the Doncaster and Palace home games above all others

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I would have got one this season, but when they went on sale I was working shift work that involved working Saturdays. Just after they sold out I was in a different job that is 9-5, so I added myself to the list in anticipation for next year. Thankfully I still made it to the Doncaster and Palace home games above all others

that was a worry for me too, but i got my shift changed in good time! :D

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I get a bit fed up with the loyalty points. As I am in and out of the country, I cannot get to enough games to warrant a season ticket. That said, I have managed a good few games this season.....and, i think, importantly, every season at withdean.

But - my loyalty is not backdated and I am struggling to get tickets for this weekend.

That said - there has to be some way of rewarding those people that do go (and encouraging the build up of points through attracting people to the less glamorous fixtures - Gillingham in Round1 of the CC for example)

So...upsets me I can't get to every game - but totally understand that there has to be some way of doing it, and some people will be disappointed.

At least this is on ESPN for all those fairweather fans!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
To the person further up this thread - I've got a Newcastle ticket but according to the system I'm entitled to buy another one, will happily sort you out if you want owd lad. Reply on here or message me or whatever if you want :)

The loyalty system is a load of old shit. But I'm happy my mates who didn't go to Gillingham/Withdean want to come now, the more the merrier socially and we've got a stadium to fill.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
The more you support the club by buying tickets, the more the club supports you in getting tickets.

Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here