Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson to sign in January

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"nominal fee"

And, although McGhee will have to wait until the transfer window reopens, the indications are that Villa will settle for a nominal fee if the financially-strapped Seagulls can find some funds for the young Dubliner.

"There might be some sort of deal that can be done there in the January window," said O'Leary. "But at the moment that's down to Brighton.

"We don't want to stand in the lad's way and we hope we can get something sorted out. "

"The lad would like to go there because he was happy there and gave some good performances."

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Aston Villa manager David O'Leary will not stand in the way of goalkeeper Wayne Henderson joining Brighton in the New Year if the relegation-haunted Championship side can come up with the right sort of price.

Brighton boss Mark McGhee has made no secret of his desire to take Henderson back to the Withdean Stadium in January following a successful three-month loan deal on the South Coast which expired three weeks ago.

And, although McGhee will have to wait until the transfer window reopens, the indications are that Villa will settle for a nominal fee if the financially-strapped Seagulls can find some funds for the young Dubliner.

"There might be some sort of deal that can be done there in the January window," said O'Leary. "But at the moment that's down to Brighton.

"We don't want to stand in the lad's way and we hope we can get something sorted out.

"The lad would like to go there because he was happy there and gave some good performances."

Henderson - an FA Youth Cup winner alongside Luke Moore, Liam Ridgewell and Steven Davis three years ago - found his chances further limited by the summer arrival of Stuart Taylor.

And, even then, he still has Stefan Postma - currently out on loan impressing at Wolves - ahead of him in the pecking order.

1066gull

Whoooooooooooooo! I love you Wayne.:love:

Number 1 keeper in Ireeeeeeeeeeeeeland::bowdown:

1066Seagull said:
Whoooooooooooooo! I love you Wayne.:love:

Number 1 keeper in Ireeeeeeeeeeeeeland::bowdown:

You've never seen him play, how do you know you love him?
You scare me.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Give him all we can.

Henderson is the best keeper I've seen at this club.

Yes yes, even better than Kuipers and Roberts.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
thought you were talking about Darius for a minute:nono:

1066gull

Lokki 7 said:
You've never seen him play, how do you know you love him?
You scare me.

Im a Seagulls World subscriber..................................

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Marvellous news if this story has credibility. Just hope another club don't try and step in. That has cheered me up immensely!!!

Well its a direct quote from O'Leary, so I guess yes. Encouraged that Henderson WANTS the move.

Hope this doesn't affect Blaney's confidence if he feels he hasn't a future here...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Give him all we can.

Henderson is the best keeper I've seen at this club.

Yes yes, even better than Kuipers and Roberts.
I'm inclined to agree. If he can sort out the little problem he has of pushing the ball out rather then wide he'll be top class.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
can we all donate again,i would gladly dig deep to assure we get him

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am going to Villa Park to watch them play Arsenal on New Years Eve (yes I know I should really be watching the Albion play Millwall but I was pursuaded to go by some friends who support Villa), perhaps I could hand out flyers to their fans asking them to plead with the club to let Henderson join us permanently. Ironically one of our group is on Villas' books as a youth team goalkeeper, haven't met him yet but apparently he is reasonably good, and huge, perhaps I could kidnap him and bring him to the Albion as revenge for them getting Barry all those years ago.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Great news if it comes off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here