Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson Question ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
IS he on international duty this weekend ?

Saturday he made some briliant saves but this is no good if you cant hold a shot for toffee and persist with parrying balls back into play. I'm afraid he is costing us yet again. Can t believe McGhee persists with him to be fair

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
He is away on international duty :clap2: :clap2:

No doubt Kuipers will lose his place for the following game no matter how he plays :(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Another thing was Henderson fully fit as there was a question as to whether he would have played on Sunday earlier in the week? Is this another MM persisting with an unfit player?

Also I didnt hear Henderson talk to the defence once on Sunday and he KEEPS f***ing parrying back into play. Last goalie to do that was Perry Digweed!

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
According to some on here Henderson should keep the shirt just because he gets called up by Ireland. IMO that is f***ed up logic!

Henderson cost us imo v Brentford, and almost dropped one in his own net at Forest. Wasnt there to see the horror show Saturday, but Id like to see what Michel does in terms of steadying the ship and if he plays well he should keep the shirt.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He should play in goal because he's our best keeper.
The amount of abuse he got on Saturday was quite ridicolous, he made four brilliant saves and got abuse for not coming out of his when he made the correct decision and the defence ffed up an offised trap.
I was on the halfway line for the game, but from what i saw(and on the replay too) did their free-kick go straight thru the wall?
in that case he did well to save it in the first place!
Also who was defendin the free-kcik and marking any of the swarm of Crewe players who were free to tap in the rebound?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Keaton , Im sorry but I dont believe this is true.
Granted I may go into games looking for Henderson to make mistakes but f*** me , the amount of goals he cost us last year + the mistakes he's already made in the 1st 5 games is ridiculous . . . no one can say he doesnt make great saves , but this is pointless if you're making basic errors all the time.

Also, Santos kept el abd out the team on sat following his performance v boston . How come this didnt apply to Kuipers ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
According to some on here Henderson should keep the shirt just because he gets called up by Ireland. IMO that is f***ed up logic!

Henderson cost us imo v Brentford, and almost dropped one in his own net at Forest. Wasnt there to see the horror show Saturday, but Id like to see what Michel does in terms of steadying the ship and if he plays well he should keep the shirt.

According to some Kuipers should play on past Glory

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Im oging on current form. Kuipers was the better keeper pre season, had a good game v Boston Vs Henderson with several errors in this campaign to date.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Or that he was the better keeper in pre-season, kept a clean sheet on Wednesday, will play at Bristol City, so why bring in Henderson for one game in between, other that you have issues with Kuipers.

That is a very valid point.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
_wilka_ said:
He is away on international duty :clap2: :clap2:

No doubt Kuipers will lose his place for the following game no matter how he plays :(
I for one would totally expect Kuipers to lose his place if Henderson misses out purely due to an International call up, and McGhee already said this.

However whether or not Henderson would have been dropped anyway after Sunday's performance is another matter.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The choice between the two is not easy, as the split opinion on NSC proves.

We have to accept that they can both make mistakes and cost us goals/matches. If they didn't, they would be playing for better teams than us!

On balance I would pick FDM. His distribution is on the whole not quite as good as Hendo's but, for me, there is very little in it.

Henderson does make good saves but sometimes I feel his supporters call these 'great' saves when they are saves that he really should be making anyway.

What clinches it for me is that Michel is far better at making the 'great' saves that one would not expect him to make - those that, if he let them in, he would not be blamed. These are the match-winning or match-saving moments that put him above Hendo in my opinion.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Mr Burns said:
I for one would totally expect Kuipers to lose his place if Henderson misses out purely due to an International call up, and McGhee already said this.

agreed - henderson loses his place in the team for being good enough to get in the ireland squad? that makes perfect sense!

however, if henderson loses his place through injury, and kuipers plays well then he should keep the shirt - which is possibly what should of happened after wednesday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here