Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson joins Gillingham.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
According to the BBC Darius Henderson has joined Gillingham for £100,000. Must have more money than sense.

Somehow I doubt that he'll replace Marlon King.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Gillingham have signed striker Darius Henderson from Reading in a deal which could be worth as much as £100,000.

The 22-year-old striker completed his move following a medical on Friday and will go straight into the squad for the FA Cup tie with Charlton.

"Gillingham have given Darius the chance to prove himself," said Steve Wood of Planet Sport Management.

He added: "He was frustrated by a lack of chances at Reading and is excited by the prospect of joining Gills."

Reading will receive an initial fee of £25,000 for the striker, with three instalments of the same amount to follow after a set number of appearances.

Henderson has started only 12 games for Reading since graduating from the Academy ranks, but has featured as a substitute in more than 70 matches.

He scored twice in a 10-match loan spell under Steve Coppell at Brighton this season but has featured only once as a substitute since Coppell moved to the Madejski Stadium in October.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
HA HA HA HE'S ABOUT ON PAR WITH SUPER DAVID CAMERON!:shootself

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:

He scored twice in a 10-match loan spell under Steve Coppell at Brighton this season but has featured only once as a substitute since Coppell moved to the Madejski Stadium in October.

From the penalty spot though weren't they?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
alright ali , how was your festive season

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's hilarious, it's the first time I've ever heard of anyone being "excited by the prospect of joining Gills".

Perhaps he considers it a step up from Reading.

:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't forget, Gillingham are an up and coming club, last I heard Scally had plans for a 40,000 seater stadium to built on derelict land somewhere in the Medway Towns. Let's face it, there's no shortage of horrible disused sites to build on in that area is there?

Only question is, where are Gillingham going to find 40,000 fans??

Last edited:

RoyalAli said:
so we buy one young, proven-in-the-lower-divisions striker (dave Kitson) for £250,000, and sell another for £100,000.

So if (quote Coppell) "Kitson is one for the future", what was wrong with Henderson?

Makes no sense to me.

Darius could always get his head on the ball, and he was the ONE player who could header well in the box.

Good move Coppell.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've never seen Kitson, but I believe he scored quite a few goals for Cambridge in recent times. Copout IMO has always had a good eye for a potentially good player. In his time at Brighton, he never signed too many Turkeys.......Erm, apart from Henderson. :eek: If anyone is prepared to pay £100,000 for Henderson, Reading should be laughing all the way to the bank...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bad luck the Gills, £100K seems very expensive.

12 months ago twat Pardew publicly valued Darius Henderson at £1.5 million! So where were West Ham in the bidding "war" for Darius?

Seriously, though, I think Darius is excellent value for Gillingham at only £25,000 up front, with the rest depending on appearances.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Beach Hut said:
Bad luck the Gills, £100K seems very expensive.

£10,000 might have been more appropriate based on what we saw when he was with us.

:rolleyes:

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
I couldn't stop laughing when i heard 100k mentioned,hendersons a complete donkey,i'd rather have kitson anyday.Then again,scally stitched us up good and proper so maybe their a marriage made in heaven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here