Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson is back

Dandyman

In London village.
Just got club text saying that Wayne Henderson is likely to start on Saturday with Blaney on the bench. Jake will continue in attack.

Pleased about Henderson. Possibly would have started with CKR.

Any thoughts ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
GUNTER said:
Jake deserves his chance. Keep him in!

Definitely. Its a long season and Im sure CKR will feature more at some point.

Dandyman

In London village.
GUNTER said:
Jake deserves his chance. Keep him in!

Not against playing him - I am one of his fans, just wondering if it would be better if he came off the bench (bet he scores now :D )

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Glad about Wayne getting his place back, he's the better keeper.
I'd much rather see CKR given a go up top or at least given more of a game this time.

McGhee may feel there is more space to exploit playing away with teams committed to coming at you, hence Jake who exploits space well, over CKR who can play off deeper, tight marking defenders better. Or maybe McGhee has just got it wrong :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jake ran them ragged in the 2nd half last season and Jake's pace could be exactly what we need as Burnley will have to come at us being 2nd bottom ???

Could be a good move, if not CKR can come on with plenty of time left

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
McGhee may feel there is more space to exploit playing away with teams committed to coming at you, hence Jake who exploits space well, over CKR who can play off deeper, tight marking defenders better. Or maybe McGhee has just got it wrong :)

McGee takes time to see things. Still, he has got it right with Oatway at last! :)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I fancied seeing CKR in the starting line-up. However, I suppose the "four midget" system had been working quite well, so to abandon it now might seem like senseless chopping and changing.

Jake's going to know he must make an impression this time, and CKR will be desperate to get on to. Competition for places up front - who'd have thought it?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The movement of Knight and Jakey is working well, so i'd keep with it for now. The possibility of that developing into something special excites me. And CKR can come off the bench if we need something more direct.

Dandyman

In London village.
trueblue said:
I fancied seeing CKR in the starting line-up. However, I suppose the "four midget" system had been working quite well, so to abandon it now might seem like senseless chopping and changing.

Jake's going to know he must make an impression this time, and CKR will be desperate to get on to. Competition for places up front - who'd have thought it?

Very true - things must be looking up ! :D

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd have gone for CKR based on form... for the same reason, I would have brought Henderson back in (and I'm a Jake and Blayney fan, BTW)...

That comment about competition up-front is spot-on... can't remember the last time that was true...

In fact, the only position where we lack competition is LB, IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here