Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with mp3 files please!

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Does anyone know of a program that will let me edit songs? I want to divide some I have into 2 tracks because they have a bonus 1 at the end of the file and I don't like having to wait for it!!

Cheers

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
wish i could tell you that 1, dunno. i would also like to know how you would just record the bonus track alone . from cd to cd.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Oh yeah, and does anyone know how to get music files to stay sorted in track order on Windows XP? Some files stay like it but others don't give me the option, just the standard "name, size, date, type" methods.

I make the files designed for Music but that doesn't always work.

Drooper

Jul 6, 2003
Uckfield
To split an MP3 file try using a program called MP3DirectCut it is freeware and is available on this URL

It is also great for auto detecting the silence between tracks on a MP3 album and splitting it into the separate tracks.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Hilton said:
Oh yeah, and does anyone know how to get music files to stay sorted in track order on Windows XP? Some files stay like it but others don't give me the option, just the standard "name, size, date, type" methods.

I make the files designed for Music but that doesn't always work.

Only upgraded to XP yesterday so haven't had a chance to play with it properly yet. How about naming the files starting with numbers, 0001, 0002, etc. Just add it in before the artist and title details. I used this method for cataloging all of the UK Number One singles and it worked a treat.

I do the same for albums. Create a folder with the artist and album title, then just use 01 - track title, etc as the file name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here