Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help please with csa

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Please can any one help or advise.

Had my payment plan from csa today for next year and the payments have dropped by 75 per cent!!! Went on line and used their on line assement on my wages and the figure came out the same I was paying last year.So I called them up and asked them why payments have dropped so much and was told I kid you not because that is what the computer says.

I then said look why is online assement saying the same as last year and she said that was because that is the amount I should be paying.So i asked her again why payments have dropped 75% and she said computer.She said she no idea why the computer had done that.I want to pay the full and fair amount for my kids but the csa are a joke.What shall I do I am due a callback within 48 hours.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Stick the difference in a savings account for them until it's sorted.

Thats a good idea thanks.Just dont understand them and just think of the shock my ex-wife will get when she opens the letter from them and the grief I will get.The csa are terrible.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just Pay the difference. im sure your ex wife will appreciate it and even if it has gone down, im sure you would do the right thing and continue to pay the same amount, as long as your not going to be financially worse off.

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill

Exactly this..........do all payments through CSA so that they have record of all payments....when me and the ex-wife had this situation when I was overpaying, it took 9 months to sort, when it worked out I was underpaying , it got sorted within 2 days!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

That's the best answer. Don't give them anymore then you need to. Keep the money aside if you are convinced it's wrong. Don't bother phoning them. If you do get it in writing the new amount.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That's the best answer. Don't give them anymore then you need to. Keep the money aside if you are convinced it's wrong. Don't bother phoning them. If you do get it in writing the new amount.

'Them' being his kids... NICE.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The CSA arent getting the money though are they, its still the Kids who are missing out if its not paid.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Indeed I would put that money aside as pound to a pinch of shit in the next few days/weeks you will get a letter accusing YOU of underpayment and that you need to pay £xxx NOW to make up the shortfall and they will write to your employer and yadda yadda. Even tho of course its not your fault its theirs.

Whereas as you already have the money saved you can write a nice fat cheque and tell the CSA to f*** off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The CSA arent getting the money though are they, its still the Kids who are missing out if its not paid.

I would agree with this. However the thing is even if he made the payments himself (say by standing order direct to her bank so its recorded) the CSA wouldnt take those into account when they finally get their house in order.

Unbelievable arrogance on their part.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think this thread is actually quite refreshing. You hear (and see) so many scenarios where people dont want to pay, so to see someone wanting to ensure his kids aren't short changed has restored my faith somewhat.

Just to give a perspective as to why I feel this way - and to demonstrate there is always someone who ruins it for others, there is a friend of mine who has been really let down by her ex partner and the rules.

Her ex (not married) left her after admitting an affair which had been ongoing - likely covering the period leading up to and after the birth of their second child.

having moved out - he then refused to pay the mortgage which is joint and several. Even to the point one month of taking her share of the mortgage money from their joint account which was only left open to pay the mortgage.

Given his history of missed payments, the mortgage and lack of him attending times agreed to see his kids, regrettably, she had to involve the CSA. Even after agreeing an amount, he didn't pay so an attachment of earnings was put in place. He has now upped the amount he pays to his pension (taking out AVCs) so that the amount he now pays for the kids is a pittance.

In the interim he wont agree to let the mortgage move to interest only, or to agree a mortgage holiday. he is asking for a more than equitable split of the equity (he paid little of the deposit and there are legal agreements in place to protect her larger investment).

So he has left my friend to pay the mortgage on her own, pay nursery fees etc, while he pays a significantly reduced amount towards the kids costs. He wont progress to an agreement on the house split and wont allow a reduction in mortgage costs in the interim - to all intents and purposes he seems to be wanting to force her out of the house. Oh and by the way it looks like he is being advised by his new partner who is a social worker and his brothers who are a policeman and accountant!

There are other things about him which are quite eye watering but they are now police matters so we'll leave that there.

Sorry for hijacking the thread vulture and I do sympathise with your position but you may now see why this thread has been a real eye opener for me.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That's one side of the fence ROSM which i sympathize with totally.. There are also honest fathers out there who have been completely destroyed by the csa and living in poverty. Roughly 60 people have committed suicide through the incompetence of the csa.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Create a voluntary agreement between the ex and yourself, get a solicitor to run his nose over it and job's a goodun', also make sure there are provisions for payments reviews and to return to CSA should you lose your job etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Create a voluntary agreement between the ex and yourself, get a solicitor to run his nose over it and job's a goodun', also make sure there are provisions for payments reviews and to return to CSA should you lose your job etc.

That's wise advice. It gives you more control than you otherwise might have had, it reassures your ex that your intentions towards your kids are honourable, and it saves her from the official grief of having to explain where the non-CSA money is coming from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here