Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help please with csa

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That's one side of the fence ROSM which i sympathize with totally.. There are also honest fathers out there who have been completely destroyed by the csa and living in poverty. Roughly 60 people have committed suicide through the incompetence of the csa.

I do understand and it certainly and as I said the good fathers who have been chased and harangued by the CSA are really let down by shisters like the one I see. And to be honest, if I hadn't seen it for myself I would never have believed it. The really frustrating thing is that the CSA is totally impotent at dealing with people like him whilst they seem to be over zealous in other cases and incompetent in even more.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You should try and avoid using the CSA at all costs. Mediation is a good tool. It involves you both sitting in a room, with a mediator, and going through all things to do with money including property, investments, pensions etc. You then agree what both of you needs to be able to live and discuss any difference in what you both actually earn to pay towards this figure. It then gets drawn up into a legally binding document. It costs £150 per session and normally takes about 4 sessions. It can mean you have to pay more than you would have to but it avoids the fighting and pain the CSA bring to the process. I know I over pay for my kids but I'm prepared to do that to ensure they don't go without. Thanks to the mediation I'm also not left in poverty as the whole agreement has to be "fair".

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The CSA are an absolute shambles.

The trust fund is the best idea, depending on how difficult your ex wants to be, she can say any money given to her not through the CSA was a gift and not a maintenance payment.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
agree with csa being crap, me, being the father, am owed over £10K by the ex wife, and they have done nothing to get it for me, if it was tother way round i would be in jail by now :-(

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Why bother with the csa, just pay the ex direct. She doesn't get what you pay anyway, the csa take a cut.

the csa do not get a cut at all thats rubbish, i pay the csa on time every month and if i think its wrong i always contact them and ask for things in writing. in your case if you think they have made a mistake ask them to cancel the current claim and recalculate your earnings and ask them to take the correct amount, in the mean time it is best to put the difference in an account seperate for when they do come back with the right amount, "if" they do get back to you and the amount is correct then the money you are putting aside would make a nice little gift to your kids when they are older, so don't stop saving it is my answer.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
indeed i would put that money aside as pound to a pinch of shit in the next few days/weeks you will get a letter accusing you of underpayment and that you need to pay £xxx now to make up the shortfall and they will write to your employer and yadda yadda. Even tho of course its not your fault its theirs.

Whereas as you already have the money saved you can write a nice fat cheque and tell the csa to f*** off.
this!!!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
thanks for the advice they called back I was right and they were wrong.The computor mucked up the payments and of course they said I was now in debt by 1 month ffs they are a shambles.New payment plan now sorted for the same amount I was paying before.The Csa are by far and away the worst goverment agency I have dealt with they are a complete and utter shambles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here