Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Piglets Pantry

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Made me laugh against Sunderland I asked for a Steak and Ale pie and was told they had run out. At 7.20pm. 25 minutes before kick off. What? She then tried to offer me a Veggie pie instead. What an insult. I must admit there is some huge inconsistency with how they are served (hot, warm, cold, microwaved, etc) but that is all down to Azure and not PP, so they have my thumbs up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I have had a pie at every game so far (bar Sunderland as I had some CHIPS from Sing Li :clap:) and also one at the WSU familiarisation day and have to say they are superb.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Made me laugh against Sunderland I asked for a Steak and Ale pie and was told they had run out. At 7.20pm. 25 minutes before kick off. What? She then tried to offer me a Veggie pie instead. What an insult. I must admit there is some huge inconsistency with how they are served (hot, warm, cold, microwaved, etc) but that is all down to Azure and not PP, so they have my thumbs up.

Why is it an insult?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well I have had a pie at every game so far (bar Sunderland as I had some CHIPS from Sing Li :clap:) and also one at the WSU familiarisation day and have to say they are superb.

Sing Li. Is this the chippy up from the station run by the oriental couple who are always rowing, sniping or giving each other the silent treatment?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Would like to ask for a couple of minutes to vote for PP as Sussex Food Produces of the year. It requires you to sign up (I made a login in under a minute so shouldn't take long) once you've signed up it should take you straight to the voting page.

Piglets Pantry aren't a choice on the website so if you chose other and type in the name that would be of great help. Follow the link Sussex Food and Drink Awards 2010 | Supporting Sussex farmers and food producers businesses Would also like to add the first stages of the Balti pie have taken place so hopefully it's not long till we can get some testers out

Out of interest, how much scaling up of your business did you do when you started selling at the AMEX? Your story is quite amazing, can you provide some before and after figures to put the story in context please.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham

And your problem is? If you don't like the answer don't ask the question. We all have opinions, obviously mines not the same as yours in this instance! Let's agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
IMHO if you ask for something and it is not available don't then try and fob me off with some inferior product just to make a sale.

Are you serious?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
IMHO if you ask for something and it is not available don't then try and fob me off with some inferior product just to make a sale.

...except it's not an inferior product is it?
It's a pie made by the same company, but with a different filling!

The veggie is a decent product, IMHO.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And your problem is? If you don't like the answer don't ask the question. We all have opinions, obviously mines not the same as yours in this instance! Let's agree to disagree.

oh dear. You are being serious.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Done, your pies are fantastic and really enjoyed by everyone around us in the Lower West. We hope you will bring us some other varietys as the seasons progress, (new veggie ones as well please).

Voted for Harveys as well, together they make match day great, keep up the great work.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You feel insulted because someone is offering you an perfectly acceptable alternative (as opposed to this ridiculous notion of an 'inferior' product)? Yeah, the f***ing helpful bastards...

Is having a veggie pie the food equivalent of having a coming out party?

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
...except it's not an inferior product is it?
It's a pie made by the same company, but with a different filling!

The veggie is a decent product, IMHO.

Indeed I am probably the most carniverous animal ever to have have appeared on this planet, and my favourite of all 3 of the amazing pies is.... VEGGIE! (I do secretly wish it kept all the flavour and had a bit of meat in it)

You feel insulted because someone is offering you an perfectly acceptable alternative (as opposed to this ridiculous notion of an 'inferior' product)? Yeah, the f***ing helpful bastards...

Is having a veggie pie the food equivalent of having a coming out party?

Yes, yes it is.

In fact the Veggie option should come in a pink box, that'll sort the men from the, err men.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here