Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

help on a disagreement at work

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my baker bless him is scottish,and since virgin have added the scottish footy i have been watching with interest.Now i have said in no uncertain terms that,celtic and rangers would not be in the top 6 of the premier if admitted,and also that to prove how good they are and earn the right,they should start in the championship,well?????

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
They should NEVER be allowed in, FACT... But if they were then they would certainly be nowhere near the top 6... Lower mid table at best.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They should start at the bottom if they want to come to the English league. Why should they justbe allowed to walk into the Championship?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If they went in the Championship, I could see one (or even both) of them becoming one of those teams that almost gets promoted every season - like Wolves.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
They would be top 6 for sure and after a few years (of prem money) top 4 constantly. Both teams generally do well in Europe and BOTH are filled with good international players

Sorry your wrong :)

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
They should NEVER be allowed in, FACT... But if they were then they would certainly be nowhere near the top 6... Lower mid table at best.

would have to disagree with that - they are MASSIVE clubs - if you put them in the premiership, they would be up around 6th to begin with, then would go on and probably break into top 4.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think to start in the Championship is the only way to see if they have the class to get into the Prem. Large crowds might look good, but if they need to hike the ticket prices to be able to afford Prem players will the fans continue to come?

As for getting into and sustaining at the top 6, look how difficult teams like Spurs, Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Villa etc find it, and that is with some top class players. I think they would be mid table at best to start, given time maybe challenging for Europe, but never champion material

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I think to start in the Championship is the only way to see if they have the class to get into the Prem. l

Why don't you have a look at Celtics Champions league results over the last 10 years, that should be proof enough !!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why don't you have a look at Celtics Champions league results over the last 10 years, that should be proof enough !!!
What, good at home with the crowd behind them, shit away?

They'd both be midtable Premiership sides. In theory they're big enough clubs that they would push on, but then in theory so are Newcastle.

Also there is no reason why they ever should join the English leagues.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If they went straight into the Championship then who would make way for them? Relegate 5 teams to League One and promote 3? Then in turn relegate 6 to League Two and promote 4? Then relegate 4 to the Conference and promote 2?

Utter bollocks. If they move to the English league then they should join the Conference Northern or something so the impact is lessened.

Or send them straight to the Premiership, relegate 3, promote just the 1 from the Championship and increase the number of teams in the Premiership to 22 for a season. UEFA wouldn't be happy.

No, the whole thing is unfeasible.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Utter bollocks. If they move to the English league then they should join the Conference Northern or something so the impact is lessened.

No, the whole thing is unfeasible.
I would like to entirely agree with that...

But hypothetically, I think I missed the point earlier, when I said they would not be in the top 6 I thought the question was about first season... Given time they could be but not first season.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my view is they have 4 tough games a season,the rest of the teams are very very poor,and they would certainly have tougher games in our league.Both teams would do well at home but away another story.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
No, sorry, I'm slightly wrong. They would never scrap the Wembley play off so at least 2 would have to go up from the Championship increasing the number to 21. That wouldn't work so they would need 3 to go up.

Oct 25, 2003
their current squads wouldn't be top 6.......but this is because they can't attract decent players due to being in a shit league

give them a few years(maybe 10) and i reckon one of them would win it

but of course, it shouldn't happen, unless ALL scottish football was integrated

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I would get them to start right at the bottom Northern Premeir Divison 1.
Think They would be like Bolton mid lower half of the table.Never get anyway near top 4

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Celtic and Rangers would be at the top of the Premiership, the amount of investment they'd get would be amazing. It would certainly enliven the league. They have the support, the backing, the stadia and the history. It will never happen though.

Oct 25, 2003
I would get them to start right at the bottom Northern Premeir Divison 1.
Think They would be like Bolton mid lower half of the table.Never get anyway near top 4

i'm sorry but both of them are FAR bigger than bolton

how many other teams would get 50,000+ to watch teams like falkirk, motherwell, inverness etc.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm not sure they would be able to cope with the tropical conditions of England

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here