Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed with IE

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've got but do not use all the time IE(latest version) I prefer Chrome. However my problem is I keep getting IE opening up inadvertently sometimes with proper websites such as government help sites, but normally with bollox sites. I can't seem to stop it. I've run scans(Mcafee) which says all OK. HELP

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whilst using Chrome this may work =
Click the Tools menu. (spanner icon in the top left hand corner)
Select Options.
Click the Basics tab.
In the "'Default browser" section, click Make Google Chrome my default browser.
Click Close.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
do you have the know how to reformat your hard drive and reinstall windows? Alternatively run ad aware, a spyware checker as well and maybe download a free anti virus like avg to double check

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks for above I think I'll turn it off & turn it on again:lol:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
I am confused by what you are asking, do you get it popping up when you click on a link or do you just get a window with an ad pop up occasionally?

If its the latter then you have probably downloaded that horrid piece of software that comes with some free ware and serves ads. Can't remember the name of the most popular offender for doing this.

If its this you will have a programme in your list on control panel that you need to remove then remove the folder that contained it.

Do a bit of googling for adware that serves annoying pop up ads or look at the top of the window when it opens this often gives a clue to the origin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here