Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed - spread the word about ticks!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Evening all,

Here's a heart rending yarn for you all. I'm running headfirst into my mid-life crisis. Money is tight and I find myself tied to a job that drives me spare. What does an under-qualified guy do?

Well I've returned to one of my old hobbies, which is cartooning. I've created a little lovable family of ticks. What do you mean parasites aren't cuddly? At least give them a try.

I've built a website, which you can find at http://www.greatbigtick.com
This gives a little taster of the tick family. Please feel free to take a look around. If you like what you see, feel free to follow the family on Twitter or go to Facebook and "like" it.

Above all, if you do like the mighty mites then just tell anybody and everybody. You would be doing me a huge favour. I'm trying to get as much exposure as possible and I'd be hugely grateful for any help the NSC family can offer.

I'm hoping to get this little gang onto greetings cards and so on. I'll have to self produce at first and see if I can encourage any independent card shops to take them on (I'm thinking Malarkey here), as I need to see if there is any demand for this stuff.

Go on. The match is depressing right now. Take a peep at the ticks in the half time break. Cheers.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Erm? There's a game on.

Fair comment but I'm trying to sort out this whole thing from the ground up while still holding down a full time job. It's busy at tick HQ and I have to multitask a bit. You're right though. Ignore this until after the match everybody. Apologies.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Phew! Been through the mill with that match. Feeling exhausted. Just bouncing this now before going to bed. Got to be up at 03:45 so I may even be a total pain and bounce it in the middle of the night too. Thanks for your understanding.

Remember. Think Tick!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Excellent! You should make a short movie of them and send it to CBBC! (Without Erotick and Psychotic of course) but that would be brilliant!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You've definitely got a talent their Jim. Good luck with it all.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Cheers all. Thanks for you support and all of the views. Am looking forward to getting home and checking the hit count on the site. Am also going to go and work out the very first greatbigtick mug. I'm so proud.

Might just drop in to let you all know when the next clutch of ticks make it to the world wide web. Coming soon: The Tick Election!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
pretty good idea and neat site I will make sure my cats don't see it
I'm sure I'v seen PSYCHOTICK on one of the strays Ire homed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here