Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

help needed please

St.George

Sep 19, 2003
BN25 1TH
i have my safeway interview today and have to take some sort of test. has anyone taken one of these? if you have then what does it involve?

cheers :)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
My housemate got rejected from Safeway for being "over-qualified", despite the fact he only wanted to get a part-time job to help finance his degree.

Pretend you're thick as pig-shit and you'll be fine. :D

Last edited:

St.George

Sep 19, 2003
BN25 1TH
DTES said:
Pretend you're thick as pig-shit and you'll be fine. :D
so im gonna be seen as pig shit am i! :(

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
St.George said:
so im gonna be seen as pig shit am i! :(
Better to be thought of it than smell like it ;)

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
havent you changed to morrisons yet impress them with that

thats a northern shit supermarket

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The tests will probley ask questions like...

If you were working on a check-out and a customer started shouting at the person working at the next till, saying they had made a mistake, what would you do?

And others like it that put you in a postion or situation and ask how you would respond. These test have no real right or wrong answers, but are just designed so that they can see what sort of person you are.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Wardywonderland said:
The tests will probley ask questions like...

If you were working on a check-out and a customer started shouting at the person working at the next till, saying they had made a mistake, what would you do?

And others like it that put you in a postion or situation and ask how you would respond. These test have no real right or wrong answers, but are just designed so that they can see what sort of person you are.

If this is the case I find that it is generally best to say what you think they want to hear and not what you actually think :lolol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Rangdo said:
If this is the case I find that it is generally best to say what you think they want to hear and not what you actually think :lolol:

In my time as a manger for McDonalds I used to be asking these types of questions at interviews. It was easy to tell who was saying what they thought the "right" answer is, but like I said there is no real right or wrong. They will be training you to do what they want you to do. Belong as you can give reasons behind what you say, it is better to be yourself. Of course if in the example i gave you would tell the customer to sod off and stop moaning, then it might be better to lie. :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Wardywonderland said:
Of course if in the example i gave you would tell the customer to sod off and stop moaning, then it might be better to lie. :lolol:

Exactly ;)

St.George

Sep 19, 2003
BN25 1TH
lincs seagull said:
havent you changed to morrisons yet impress them with that
yeah might get that in somehow. i also wont be working at the checkout as its overnight work. i couldnt deal with that! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here