Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

help needed on artists names.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I need help. Who were the 2 guys who apparently met on a underground train in NY and realised they had a mutual love of Marvin Gaye and ended up doing a record together that became a NO 1 just about everywhere. They were both black and it was a great song but I cannot remember their names.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`ve got 30mins to get this right....come on

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I remember a song with the words, 'Hey, Marvin.......' in it and the rest, as they say, is on the tip of my tongue ???

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I just Googled 'Hey, Marvin...' and it came up with C&C Boys (1963)

Any help?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't think this is the song you're looking for but it has the lyrics mentioned above

[yt]dlsfYDj2HWA[/yt]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
15mins and NSC has failed me. It was a soul song from the 90`s 9 (early I would say)

Shit where is Buzzer when you need him.

One had long black hair and the other one looked like Harold out of the building society adverts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Charles and Eddie?

[yt]JCrCpgBRpc8[/yt]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Charles and Eddie?

[yt]JCrCpgBRpc8[/yt]

Yup, confirmed by wikipedia:

[edit] Career
The two originally met on a New York City subway train. Chacon was holding a copy of Marvin Gaye's "Trouble Man," and so the two struck up a conversation and later started performing together. Chacon had grown up in Oakland, California, where he was in a soul band, and later moved to Miami, Florida, where his recording career continued on projects with the Dust Brothers and Daddy-O. Pettigrew, meanwhile, was raised in Philadelphia, and went on to study jazz vocals at the Berklee College Of Music in Boston, while also singing with the pop band,

:clap:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is why NSC is so good. I could hardly have googled ''Soul singers, one looks like Harold out of the advert''

Could I ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here