Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed - Do I or Don't I?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Double booked the Newcastle game, would have been fine if 5.15pm kick off. The village of Selborne has a Panto (Aladdin if you are interested), my mate has the lead role and I have arranged for about a dozen from my village to go along and heckle.

I can't miss the Newcastle game as being a fan these big games are what it is all about. My wife, while really understanding is doing that eye rolling thing and saying "do what you want to do" which in translation means "you aint going to football".

As it is I'm probably missing the Palace game as the points aren't down to 1,200 yet and the Millwal game is on Valentine's Day which has already produced that eye rolling thing.

Playing on my mind and I am in need or some direction on this one. Panto gags are welcome but only if constructive.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Double booked the Newcastle game, would have been fine if 5.15pm kick off. The village of Selborne has a Panto (Aladdin if you are interested), my mate has the lead role and I have arranged for about a dozen from my village to go along and heckle.

I can't miss the Newcastle game as being a fan these big games are what it is all about. My wife, while really understanding is doing that eye rolling thing and saying "do what you want to do" which in translation means "you aint going to football".

As it is I'm probably missing the Palace game as the points aren't down to 1,200 yet and the Millwal game is on Valentine's Day which has already produced that eye rolling thing.

Playing on my mind and I am in need or some direction on this one. Panto gags are welcome but only if constructive.

Like others said it is a 5.15 k/o.

Man up tell you are going and she has all summer with you hanging around. Saturday is football and valentine football comes round once every three or four years. f*** sake.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
5.15pm Kick off - Oh yes it is, well according to the club web site.

I know it's a "Man up" thing but when your life is taken up by sport (cricket and golf in the summer) sometimes you have to do the right thing! Do you? Oh I don't know, I think I'm coming round to the football thing, just need to tell "she who must be obeyed".

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Yeah, I know, which is why I said "so I presume the ko was 5:15"
This is becoming Panto is it 5.15pm or 3pm, "Oh yes it is" or "Oh no it isn't". This could give me soooo many brownie points, come on the FA do the right thing and make it 3 oclock kick off you knowmit makes sense. So this could become a win - win!

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This is becoming Panto is it 5.15pm or 3pm, "Oh yes it is" or "Oh know it isn't". This could give me soooo many brownie points, come on the FA do the right thing and make it 3 oclock kick off you knowmit makes sense. So this could become a win - win!

Even though it's a home game, I think many would like it to be on TV, if for no other reason than the money. It's not much to do with the FA if ESPN have chosen it as a game they want to show and it was one of the games they advertised on Tues that they'd be showing, so I don't see they'll change their mind.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Go to the panto, but get ESPN so you can record it?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Go to the panto, but get ESPN so you can record it?
It's not the same, I love my sport live football in TV is pants they make it a science when it's just a game. Mind made up The Albion win, I can feel the eye rolling and silent treatment coming on.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
It's not the same, I love my sport live football in TV is pants they make it a science when it's just a game. Mind made up The Albion win, I can feel the eye rolling and silent treatment coming on.

Try doing something nice for her, i know its creeping but you'll be surprised at how often it works. The other option i find works is remember the last time she asked you for something and you said no, well change your mind about that on the proviso you can go to the footy eg she aked you for an iphone but you said its not worth it and now you decide it is. She gets her way and you get yours

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Just go gay. [MENTION=21697]pseudonym[/MENTION] will join you in that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here