Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello from a Sunderland fan

JulioArca

Oct 29, 2004
Just thought i would come on board to say hello before the game on Saturday and get your thoughs on how you think your team will fair, i have to say Iam pretty confident of a result, although we are missing a few key players (Poom,McCartney,Piper and Kyle) we are on a very good run of form at the minute and are looking good for a top two finish, not many teams come up here and beat us infact i cannot remember the last side that has so you will have to play very well, whats your team news ??? our side should be as follows:

Mhyre

Wright Caldwell Breen Arca

Whitehead Robinson Whitley Carter

Stewart Elliot

Have a safe trip an enjoy your visit to the SOL :D

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hello Julio :wave:

We have a few injuries at the moment and our top scorer (Adam Virgo) is suspended.

I'll happily take a draw ay the moment.

Our away form is better than our home form at the moment!:)

Last edited:

JulioArca

Oct 29, 2004
Buzza said:
Hello Julio :wave:

We have a few injuries at the moment and our top scorer (Adam Virgo) is suspended.

I'll happily take a draw ay the moment.

Our away form is better than our home form at the moment!:)

Alright mate

Is Virgo the lad who is playing up front who is a defender ??? if so i think he has scored a few goals for you lot so thats good news for us, you coming to the game ?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Hello Julio

I think wins at places like Nottingham Forrest and Leicester has given our players the belief that they can get a result anywhere. I'd be more than happy with a point realisticaly. Think we'll miss Virgo but could have a surprise up our sleaves if we play the munchkins Leon Knight and Jake Robinson up front together.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Hi Julio,

It's another 1-0 to the Albion 1-0 to the Albion :clap:

Realistically will probably lose but I'll settle for a draw.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Hello Julio,

I would take a point too, but think that might be a little out of our reach, anyway cracking weekend planned whatever the result.:drink: :drink: :drink:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hi JA

Interesting choice of name cos Arca is by far your best player. This will be my first time in the away end at the SOL .... and we will certainly make a noise.

As for our boys: we have Leeds. Nottm Forest and Leicester scalps and would love to make that 4 former Premier sides tomorrow!

But inconsistency has been our way the past couple of seasons, so anything could happen!

:lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
our centre back cullip should be back, and with the front two you have, both on form i think we are going to work very hard closing every man down for a 0-0. nicolas our recent signing from chelsea who we have had on loan should return and he oozes class.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
JulioArca said:
Just thought i would come on board to say hello before the game on Saturday and get your thoughs on how you think your team will fair, i have to say Iam pretty confident of a result,

Thats what Leicester, Sheff Utd, Forest and Leeds Said!

Thanks though, looking forward to it!!

If we come away with a point I'll be happy!!

:wave:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Better than Roker

I hope that the result is better than my visits to Roker Park when we always lost 1-0.

Will take the draw but hope it's a great day out at a proper stadium. Hoping for good entertainment for my money as I'm flying up, but it could be the most expensive (in money terms) defeat in 30+ years of supporting the albion!

:lolol: :cheers:

JulioArca

Oct 29, 2004
Keen on seeing Leon Knight i was always impressed by him whats he been like this season ???

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Scarface said:
A bit off form but looking better lately, still falls over too much for my liking. :nono:

Reckon if he can get through his teens and puberty without too many mishaps, he could be a real star for us when he grows up

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
JulioArca said:
Alright mate

Is Virgo the lad who is playing up front who is a defender ??? if so i think he has scored a few goals for you lot so thats good news for us, you coming to the game ?

Yes I am. :) :drink:

There's a fair few threads on these pages showing who is going!

I can't wait. Been looking forward to this game since we've been promoted! :)

You are right about Virgo BTW!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Ooooh, this thread makes me feel all warm!

--Note to tabloid press--

Football fans are a well meaning friendly bunch of chaps who can happily get along.

As for the game it's going to be another big day out for our boys and fans alike. To be honest a draw would be a very good result but if we lose then I won't be as upset as I would be had we lost against Leeds or Cardiff. Of course a win would be lovely but a good day out is what we're looking for. Possibly the biggest crowd we'll play in front of since Cardiff?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To be honest, I don't think we'll get anything out of the game, but then I said that about Leicester & Forest away too.

1-0 to the Albion then
:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here