Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Healthy living question: Is it more healthy to exercise and eat crap food or...

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
..eat healthily and never exercise?

By exercise I mean an hour in the gym every day.
By crap food I mean take aways.

One option or the other. What's best?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
this really depends on the person who never exercises he will still have to walk around daily, but if no movement at all lol def 1hour a day in the gym

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I eat badly AND I don't do any exercise. But I've got good hands.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Exercise and crap food definitely better for you, depends on the level of crap food and exercise though, a heavy workout followed by a curry would be a lot better then no exercise and subsisting on carrots and humous.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Definitely better to eat crap food and exercise. Without exercise your muscles waste away and this becomes a real problem as you get older. Of course, neither option is healthy but eating crap food is the lesser of two evils.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Definitely better to eat crap food and exercise. Without exercise your muscles waste away and this becomes a real problem as you get older. Of course, neither option is healthy but eating crap food is the lesser of two evils.

Your view agrees with the medical world's.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thats essentially what I do! Eat crap food and exercise regularly.

Even what you call 'crap food' is going to have something beneficial surely - burgers have carbs, burnable fat, minimal but some veg, and protein in meat.
Chips are carbs, for energy too.
Exercise and you burn up that crap, like throwing garbage on a fire as long as it burns it's still feeding the fire.

Exercise rules.

Neither are of course the best, for example eating crap food and exercising could lead to cramps and dehydration, yet certainly this is the best option. Lifting weights in particular or short cardiovascular sessions such as sprints raise your metabolic rate (metabolism) and create an afterburn, meaning that, particularly in the case of lifting weights, after exercise your body just pretty much eats up all the food straight away. For example I train lifting weights as a boxer and footballer, so after exercise I eat things like wine gums or if I have a particularly tough match I'll have a Pizza. Your body needs plenty of nutrients after exercise and for example in the case of Pizza, it has high GI carbohydrates, high fat content, high calorie content and a good protein content.

Just try and balance it a bit more, but as I say, not to mention that even if you don't eat the correct food it will make you healthier, eating bad food and exercising is the better option.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
good question. clearly, eating healthy with no exercise is the better option, since you do some exercise just by living, while burning off lots of fat and sugar stresses the body.

i have however adopted the other option, eat quite not especially healthy but not too much crap, and do little exercise but regularly. everything in moderation, including moderation itself.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Exercise and crap food definitely better for you, depends on the level of crap food and exercise though, a heavy workout followed by a curry would be a lot better then no exercise and subsisting on carrots and humous.

But surely no amount of exercise is going to get rid of all the saturated fat in the bloodstream? Eventually, the heart will clog up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here