Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heads up - new PARTRIDGE tomorrow...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Flying aids and Nazi dogs were the two lines that made me chuckle and they were in quick succession. Made the rest of the hour a bit meh really. The bits with the range rover salesman was awful, the dramatisation of the parking charges meeting was ok as was him walking in the woods. Interview in the pool was predictable and not very funny.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Quite liked the reaction to his former teacher!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've got one of these tables at home and every time we have family and friends round for dinner and I have to make the table bigger, I shout this in an exited voice and titter to myself about it. Much to my wifes bemusement

Mellotron likes this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've got one of these tables at home and every time we have family and friends round for dinner and I have to make the table bigger, I shout this in an exited voice and titter to myself about it. Much to my wifes bemusement

I do exactly the same every Christmas!

By Coogan's high standards last night's show was nothing special, amusing rather than laugh out loud. However, it was also quite melancholy. I was saddened to see Partridge driving a Vauxhall and working at North Norfolk Digital, rather than driving a Lexus and working at Radio Norwich. This is the very opposite of bouncing back.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I do exactly the same every Christmas!

By Coogan's high standards last night's show was nothing special, amusing rather than laugh out loud. However, it was also quite melancholy. I was saddened to see Partridge driving a Vauxhall and working at North Norfolk Digital, rather than driving a Lexus and working at Radio Norwich. This is the very opposite of bouncing back.

And its all covered in the "autobiography" and this programme ties in neatly with established continuity.

Lynne (albeit not seen) is on the phone to Alan.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Flying aids and Nazi dogs were the two lines that made me chuckle and they were in quick succession. Made the rest of the hour a bit meh really. The bits with the range rover salesman was awful, the dramatisation of the parking charges meeting was ok as was him walking in the woods. Interview in the pool was predictable and not very funny.

I actually thought this was really funny. The joke (I think!!) is that Alan's own company Peartree Productions had made the documentary and he felt a 10 minute argument about Range Rover spec worthy of inclusion... Maybe I am reading to much into it.

The Hitler speech overdub was brilliant too as was the editing at the end of the discussion with the vicar!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard

One of my favourite bits from Partridge too. Brilliant. I get the same looks in the office from the two girls in here when I try to say 'said the actress to the vicar' at least once a day (I think they think i'm a bit immature..)

Bit like if everyone is round at Christmas - its Peter Kay's emergency christmas chairs routine....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Must say, I was rather disappointed, but couldn't quite put my finger on what I felt was missing. I think there was just too much monologue, when I find his best bits are when he's dealing with people. I quite enjoyed the bit with the fruit and veg stall, and the interview in the pool. But overall, it was not of his previous standard.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Another excellent addition to the whole Partridge body of work I thought.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Partridge is bloody brilliant but I actually laughed out loud more watching VEEP afterwards.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
This is on Sky 1 tonight at 22:00 I think, in case anybody didn't see it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Partridge is bloody brilliant but I actually laughed out loud more watching VEEP afterwards.

Veep was very good, and has been duley series linked.

Not as good as The Thick of It though, I think it needs a Tucker character to truly elevate it to greatness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here