Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haywards Heath to Brighton Return (Train)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Why not simply buy a return from Haywards Heath to Falmer. You can break your journey at Brighton . Oh and the cost is exactly the same.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I think you should be OK. Use your HH-Brighton ticket to go into Brighton, then your Brighton-HH ticket to go back through the gate to head home (via Falmer).

Or, are there gates at Falmer? Not been through there yet.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But I assume a travel voucher from Mid-Sussex to Falmer will take me all the way? Whether I change at Brighton or Lewes?

It's not changing trains that is the problem. It's going through the exit barrier where his ticket would normally have to pass through the exit barrier machines and would not be returned.

I don't know how the vouchers work on the trains.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
will a HH-Falmer return get me in the gates at brighton mate??

Yes, you can go through he barriers at Brighton with a HH - Falmer, you could go out the barriers with a HH - Brighton but not back in, as mentioned, your ticket wont get checked at Falmer (well, highly highly unlikely) but then you could not go out at brighton.

A travel voucher would have been your cheapest option.

But I assume a travel voucher from Mid-Sussex to Falmer will take me all the way? Whether I change at Brighton or Lewes?

Yes but presumably only as long as you remain in transit. I don't think the tv's are intended or designed for train passengers to break their journeys en-route to the Amex in order to go shopping, to the pub or whatever.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes but presumably only as long as you remain in transit. I don't think the tv's are intended or designed for train passengers to break their journeys en-route to the Amex in order to go shopping, to the pub or whatever.

Travel voucher from HH to Falmer is fine to go out at Brighton mid travel. I did it at Lewes for Eastbourne game and went out at Brighton for spurs game. ITS NO PROBLEM FOLKS. And if it was, I think it would be entirely fair to tell them to DO ONE.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I did this weekly with the old vouchers and with the SSCCF without issue, perhaps not intended but no one has ever tried to stop me.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I live in HH, and got off at Brighton last week just by showing my season ticket card.

At the end of the day, you could be getting off and walking/getting a bus/taxi to the stadium. They can hardly stop you getting off at Brighton.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Will a HH to Brighton return ticket allow me to get the train to brighton, then back up to falmer, then back to HH ok?

Just thinking Falmer isn't any further than brighton so should be fine...?!

Why not just buy travel vouchers?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Travel voucher from HH to Falmer is fine to go out at Brighton mid travel. I did it at Lewes for Eastbourne game and went out at Brighton for spurs game. ITS NO PROBLEM FOLKS. And if it was, I think it would be entirely fair to tell them to DO ONE.

This is good to know, as there will be plenty coming in from Shoreham, Portslade, Hove on the train, getting off at Brighton (as you have to change train), having a few beers at pubs around the station and then getting on another train up to Falmer.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I must have been asleep so apologies but what are they all about mate?? :blush:

£30 for a return journey to Falmer for every home league and 5 home cup games. So a return from HH works out at around £1.07 a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here