Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haye and Valuev

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see how Haye can win this fight against that lump.

Glenn McCrory's great line on Sky: "I've heard that when Valuev goes hunting, bears surrender."

I'm almost tempted to shell out for this one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw him last night for the first time on the news. The guy is maHOOOOsive, he's got a head like an Easter Island statue. The ONLY thing Haye will have going for him is speed, but I just can't see how he'll get close enough to this bloke.

I might see if I can rustle up a few mates and split the cost for this one. Or find out if my locals got a lock-in. Its not going to be silly-bugger hours is it ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't see how Haye can win this fight against that lump.

Glenn McCrory's great line on Sky: "I've heard that when Valuev goes hunting, bears surrender."

I'm almost tempted to shell out for this one.

Ditto. That Valuev bloke is huge. His fists are the size of Haye's head. I cannot see how Haye can even reach him let alone win the fight.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Haye is odds-on, amazingly - around 4-6. Or to put it another way, the same price as Steve Coppell was for two days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he's got a head like an Easter Island statue.QUOTE]

...with a funny angled forehead. Probably from years of banging it on door-frames.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There must be an acting career for him afterwards as an uber-bouncer or something. He looks like that Barry the Baptist bloke from Lock Stock.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This fight is like a Victorian freak show spectacle, and I'm looking forward to it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know f*** all about boxing but I dont think I need to, neither does the Russian fella. One swipe will surely floor Haye? Someone told me Haye has not fought at this weight before. Is this true?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Weigh in coming up on SSN any minute now.

Haye will need a KO, a challenger NEVER wins in Germany even if he outscores the champion 120-108, the judges always seem to see it the champions way, especially if the champion has German connections like Valuev!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here