Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hawkins.....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the guy is fast turning into a CULT hero for me

firstly, it was his own goal that ensured an EPIC 600 mile round trip, god knows how much money spent and the chance to sample the legendary 'larger than a mans head' hartlepool hotdog

then, it was his needless foul in the area that provided the catalyst for them to pick up the victory, SHATTERING the fa cup dream that he had provided the first crack in

throw in his flair moments like a one-two with elphick on the edge of THEIR box when it would have been easier to shoot, his nose, the fact that when you remove 'ins' from his surname it becomes one of my FAVOURITE birds of prey, and that he is irish, and there are all the categories for a CULT legend

hawkins :bowdown: :bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In the good old days, he'd have been labelled plain old SHIT. Now it's the "legend" irony label, for laughs.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What was that, his third or fourth penalty of the season? Not bad going at all.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What was that, his third or fourth penalty of the season? Not bad going at all.

third i think - plus that CORKING own goal, and countless mistakes that have lead to others

he must turn up each week thinking what do i have to do to get dropped - thank GOD that adams keeps the faith with him

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is this the FA Cup dream you had of being knocked out at Fleetwood in the second round?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
third i think - plus that CORKING own goal, and countless mistakes that have lead to others

he must turn up each week thinking what do i have to do to get dropped - thank GOD that adams keeps the faith with him
I think the peak of Hawkinsian defending was Scunthorpe, depsite a lack of penalties or diving headers powered into his own net. He gifted them at least three of their four goals in spectacularly incompetent fashion.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Actually lost for words about the bloke, don't think the fact he is shit covers it anymore. Feel sorry for him clearly doesn't mean to balls up pretty much every game but still...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Actually lost for words about the bloke, don't think the fact he is shit covers it anymore. Feel sorry for him clearly doesn't mean to balls up pretty much every game but still...

his reaction last night was CLASSIC - it literally translated as "bloody hell, ive done it again"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
HOW is he in the team?

HOW?

HOW did he get ahead of Lynch at the beginning of the season?

HOW?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From today's Argus;

The Seagulls defender revealed: “The referee was honest enough to say he did not think it was a penalty. The linesman who was miles away flagged and gave it. To be fair it sums up my luck at the moment.

“I’m absolutely gutted. It was a high ball which went over their lad (Porter) and he just slipped and fell.

“He said himself he couldn’t believe it.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
All hail Professor Colin Hawkins and his seminal works:
"A history of my brief time at Brighton"
"Climbing illegally on the shoulders of giants"
"The Universe in a nutmeg"
"Black holes and own goals and other f*ck ups"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here