Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hawkins and Livermore to be transfer listed

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Been told today that these 2 players will be put on the transfer list and will be able to leave for free.

Lets hope Thickey gets the Port Vale Job

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why has El Abd been left off the list ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why has "super" Jonny Dixon also been left off the list ?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
they might end up on the list...but these 2 are on good money it make sense to get shot of them first if they are not in Slades plan

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know it was all to do with contracts and all that, but I'd rather have kept Hinsh and either Loft or Fraser than these two. Let's hope we find a buyer soon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we sign Rhys , the Arsenal youngster on a season long loan does this also mean that Davies is on the way out too ? Have they realised he is another Turienzo ?

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
great news

Looked like Livermore's heart was not in the job, he was happy to be mediocre and Hawkins, well what can I say, didn't work out for him, hopefully this is the truth we're hearing. Get rid of McLeod now and Dixon, cut our costs and get some young hungry quality in.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If this is true, then why didn't Slade release them last week? If Livermore goes then I'll be very sorry to see him go. I think next season he could give us something in our midfield and is quite versatile, remember this man played in the The Championship with Hull and got promoted with them.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
If this is true, then why didn't Slade release them last week? If Livermore goes then I'll be very sorry to see him go. I think next season he could give us something in our midfield and is quite versatile, remember this man played in the The Championship with Hull and got promoted with them.

because they are under contract still ?, I think they both would have been gone (and Dixon, not sure about El Abd) had they been at the end of their deals too.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

Because they were under contract?

Yes but just because he played for them when they got promoted, doesn't mean he had an integral role. A Millwall supporting friend of mine had a very average opinion on Livermore.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Livermore's face doesn't really fit here I don't think, which is a real shame and a massive loss for us... so I hope I am wrong and he will play a part next season because I think he's a good player and he provides class in the midfield. Given an attacking partner he'll be quality for us, I fully maintain that.

Hawkins and El-Abd should be paid up and released in my opinion, but I am still bitter that Hinshelwood was shown the door before them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If his face doesn't fit, then why will he be a massive loss?

Because he's a good player in my opinion, we've signed this guy and we've not used him. For some reason, Micky thought Thomson and Virgo were a better central midfield pairing at the start of last season and then got himself into the mindset that he could play him at left back everynow and then! Crazy, we've wasted the talent Livermore has!

I've no doubt, however, that if Russell Slade doesn't rate him, he'll get someone in his own mould to replace him. He's not like he won't have the finances to do so.

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
i hate the fact that everyone always says that Livermore played a massive part in Hull getting promoted to the Premier League, when he spent the latter part of the season on loan at Oldham. That's like saying Jake Robinson helped keep us up!

And please add El Abd to that list along with Dixon that's if we don't choose to pay off the remainder of his contract first (Dixon I meant)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here