Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Having dinner with Gordon Smith and family tonight...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What's it like to score in a cup final and be the hero of a county for many years to come?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When he was chief executive of the Scottish FA, was he so vehemently against a Great Britain team participating in the London Olympics despite having assurances from UEFA and FIFA that it wouldnt affect their status as a separate association?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Does he remember the night I had to help him find his car near Durrington station because he was too pissed to remember where he'd left it? It was a sponsored car & had his name written on it!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now that he works for Rangers, does he still advocate the concept of retrospective red cards from video evidence for cheating (some call it diving or simulation)?

I ask because I had the pleasure of meeting him whilst he was Chief Executive of the SFA. He was trying to get UEFA and the SFA to allow video evidence to be used to give retrospective red cards and bans for cheats. Sadly, UEFA were not interested so Gordon asked all the Scottish football clubs what they thought, every one of them voted positively for the change. Well, with the exception of which two Glasgow clubs do you suppose?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Top bloke.

Just thank him for the best 5 second of my life, when I though he had scored the winner........................

In fact, there is s strikeing similarity to the winning goal in the semi and THAT miss in the final.

But just thank him for the best day for being a BHA fan EVER!

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
some good stuff here, ill try drop some of it into conversation

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Give him the wine bottle, hold you class out and say "And smith must pour!"

And if he is going on and on about something and no one cares, say "And smith must bore"

Get him to help prepare the apples for the apple pie dessert "and smith must core"

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
and should an attractive lady walk past, say

"and Smith Must............................phwooooooooaaaaar!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Personalise him some Edgar Allen Poe "And smith must quoth the raven, 'nevermore'"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here