Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you seen the muppett show

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I like it, gets everyone going! I've stopped with stand up if you hate palace though..

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes I have seen the Muppet Show. I've just watched England batting against Bangladesh.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is this durge possibly the worst and most embarrassing chant that comes from us? I had the misfortune to be a couple of rows in front of the ahem muppett who kept trying to get this going at Bolton luckily this time it failed to catch on. It just makes us look tin pot that certain cretins resort to this non discript crap when they should be getting behind the lads. Is not be surprised based on some performances that our players don't think its aimed at at them. Awful just awful.

History....all part of the club's history. Surprised that you somehow think it's all new! It's part of Go Left ......must have been around since mid 1980s (if not before).

If you don't like it, don't sing it. Can't see it being dropped just because you've had a :flounce:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
History....all part of the club's history. Surprised that you somehow think it's all new! It's part of Go Left ......must have been around since mid 1980s (if not before).

Correct. That chant dates right from the start of the Palace rivalry (circa 1976). Someone would shout "Have you seen the Muppet show?" and people would respond "It's at Selhurst Park you know!" Haven't heard it for years, but if it's made a comeback then great. Now how about resurrecting 'Molly Malone'? ...

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Most place chants are embarrassing when we aren't playing palace and while palace are in the division above us

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Most place chants are embarrassing when we aren't playing palace and while palace are in the division above us

I know where you're coming from. Given the circumstances of the two clubs (which have been pretty much Palace on top and us underneath) I too always cringe a bit when I hear anti-Palace chants - it's a bit like Leeds singing anti-Man U chants as some Leeds fans desperately try to pretend that the two clubs are rivals despite the gulf between them. For us and Palace we've played each other a depressingly few times since the rivalry started and most of the anti-Palace stuff does come over as a bit 'wistful' almost - we really want to be at the same level as they are.

However I'd much rather people sang about hating Palace than just sat there in silence, even if it is a bit misplaced in this day and age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here