Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever looked forward to a debut more than Ulloa?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Personally I can't think of anyone. As in a position we have all been crying out to see filled, for nearly two years. At the start of a season we are all used to seeing three, maybe four new players. But during a season, is there anyone you can remember looking more forward to seeing what they can do???....I can wait, I so want him to be the dogs bollocks.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Wouldn't count your chickens yet as he hasn't signed yet. Bet he went away and is having a long and hard think about joining.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Personally I can't think of anyone. As in a position we have all been crying out to see filled, for nearly two years. At the start of a season we are all used to seeing three, maybe four new players. But during a season, is there anyone you can remember looking more forward to seeing what they can do???....I can wait, I so want him to be the dogs bollocks.

Yes! Vicente!!

Ah! Mid season you were discussing.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes! Vicente!!

Ah! Mid season you were discussing.

I know where your coming from, but i'm talking in the sense that this IS the man we have all been waiting two years for. Vicente was a bolt out of the blue and we all knew he was suspect injury wise and was a gamble. This guy is being bought for hard cash, in a position we have been waiting to fill since Murray went.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I know where your coming from, but i'm talking in the sense that this IS the man we have all been waiting two years for. Vicente was a bolt out of the blue and we all knew he was suspect injury wise and was a gamble. This guy is being bought for hard cash, in a position we have been waiting to fill since Murray went.

Yes, it is exciting. Let's just hope that he can hit the ground running (not in a CMS style) and can hit the onion bag regularly. :)

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent

Nothing like heaping pressure on the poor bloke.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Optimistic thread? :ohmy:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I genuinely believe IF we can get the personal terms sorted ok (don't want to count chickens) that we will have serious chance of promotion this season.
Sounds like EXACTLY what we need.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I guarantee if he does not score on debut some idiot will post a thread saying sell him and poyet cannot judge a striker

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
South Americans will always need a good while to adapt to our style of play and even just living here. I wouldn't expect him to tear up any trees on his first game but if does, brilliant!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
When that beautiful cross came over in the second half and Calderon put it wide I just thought about Ulloa coming to meet that cross. If he signs then I can see us scoring loads from corners.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully we will see him at Birmingham next Saturday

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm just anticipating the slagging off he'll get from the usual twats on here if he hasn't scored 17 goals by half time on his debut.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I was pretty excited when n_elder1.jpg signed, I must admit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here