Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we had an easy start?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I originally thought we had an easy start but actually some of the teams we have played against have done quite well excluding their game against us.

Doncaster 24, Cardiff 6th, Blackpool 7th, Peterboro 11th, Bristol 22nd

However 2nd place SCC have actually done well against (on paper the top teams) but actually their opponents so far haven't done so well.

Leeds 13, Barnsley 16, Ipswich 18, Millwall 15, Leicester 10, Notts F 21

just stats ???

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Every team we have beaten is currently below us in the table.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yep. Easy start and our luck has changed compared to last year.

The next four games are not easy though. Very difficult.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Leicester away will show if we are pretenders to the crown or the real deal. If we put in a Cardiff/Peterborough type performance at their place and come away with a win then that will be a huge marker for the rest of the season!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the way i look at it is all those teams we have played so far were above us last season and not 1 of them have beaten us . happy days

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Leicester away will show if we are pretenders to the crown or the real deal. If we put in a Cardiff/Peterborough type performance at their place and come away with a win then that will be a huge marker for the rest of the season!

Absolutely agree with this.

Leicester is a big test and if we play well and win it shows just how far we have come.

Even a bit of chat on the Football League show that we may be the real deal.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody else think that we may well do a Charlton / Peterboro type performance next weekend ?. I get the feeling Gus is planning his funky little diamond formation again for this one. You know the one where we batter them, and the oppositions manager comes out after the game and says that we took them by surprise with the way / formation we played. :lol::lol:

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I agree that the leicester game will be really telling. A peterboro performance would be immense for the rest of the season. Especially backed up with Leeds and Palace results. Seems a lot to ask but i thought that about all our away games :)

D

Deleted member 18477

Anybody else think that we may well do a Charlton / Peterboro type performance next weekend ?. I get the feeling Gus is planning his funky little diamond formation again for this one. You know the one where we batter them, and the oppositions manager comes out after the game and says that we took them by surprise with the way / formation we played. :lol::lol:

yea lets bust out the 4 centre mid's again. that'll ruin there preparation of how to stop nooney n co haha.

ankergren
calde, greer, dunk, paints
sparrow, harley, bridcutt, dicker
barnes, CMS

subs: vincelot, buckley, lua lua, noone and hoskins/VICENTE? haha what a bench!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Yep, the next 3 games will be very telling. Tricky game at Leicester followed by a tricky home tie and then a "derby" where form book goes out the window. 7 or 9 points from them and that will be a big statement that we really do mean business

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
One thing is for sure the belief in the team from the players and fans is amazing. With 15 mins left at 0 - 0 at Bristol, despite not really playing well , who didn't believe we wouldnt calve one chance and get the winner

We always find a way

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Beat Leicester and the rest of the league will really sit up and take notice. Going to be a difficult and clearly the toughest challenge of the season so far would take a point at the moment

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ask after 10 games how easy a start we've had and how good we are in relation to this league but so far you would have to say that it could have been a lot tougher with 2 stand out performances at Portsmouth and Cardiff showing our potential

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
All we can say, regardless of which teams we play against.

1) Our defence is solid
2) We will create chances from all over the pitch. Wing play, central midfield, set pieces, you name it.
3) We will score goals
4) We aren't reliant on one, or even two individuals to score.

This Saturday against Leicester will be a real marker. They'll be looking to prove a point and might leave themselves exposed in the process.They've been conceding for fun so I can really see us scoring 2 or 3, I think the biggest task will be our defence staying tight.

I'm just loving it at the moment though. Looking forward to every game like last year.. but this year, we've got the joy of playing our home games at the Amex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here