Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we ever had an African playing for us?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With this bloke possibly coming on board ( assuming we have any money at all, which of course we haven't) gave me pause to consider........have we ever had an African play for us?

Robinson was born in Rhodesia wasn't he?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
the guy we had on loan for one game from charlton about 6 years ago was Nigerian i think?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
was that him who scored at Barnett and was then deported

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Voila!!

''1998-99: Arrived to Charlton on trial at the back end of the 1997-98 season and once his international clearance had come through made a series of appearances in the Addicks championship-winning Avon Insurance Combination side. He impressed Alan Curbishley enough to earn a two-year contract at The Valley, costing $32,700. Unfortunately for all concerned, he was never able to step on the field for them, because of work permit problems (he did feature for them in 6 practice matches). Charlton attempted to resolve this problem by stashing him at lower division Brighton, whom they loaned him to. But the very same work permit issues followed him there. Ifejiagwa did manage to appear in one game for Brighton, however; and what a debut it was! Off of a corner kick he rose high to head home the lone goal of the match. A first rate start in anybody's book. ''

For more on Emeka Ifejiagwa go here:

http://www.nigerianplayers.com/player.asp?pID=78

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fatboy said:
Cherif Diallo.

haha! how many games did he actually play?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fatboy said:
One appearance as an unused sub.

brilliant - he was a senegalese legend

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Voila!!

''1998-99: Arrived to Charlton on trial at the back end of the 1997-98 season and once his international clearance had come through made a series of appearances in the Addicks championship-winning Avon Insurance Combination side. He impressed Alan Curbishley enough to earn a two-year contract at The Valley, costing $32,700. Unfortunately for all concerned, he was never able to step on the field for them, because of work permit problems (he did feature for them in 6 practice matches). Charlton attempted to resolve this problem by stashing him at lower division Brighton, whom they loaned him to. But the very same work permit issues followed him there. Ifejiagwa did manage to appear in one game for Brighton, however; and what a debut it was! Off of a corner kick he rose high to head home the lone goal of the match. A first rate start in anybody's book. ''

For more on Emeka Ifejiagwa go here:

http://www.nigerianplayers.com/player.asp?pID=78

With grateful thanks to the Rothmans Football Yearbook, he actually played twice for us. As well as the 1-0 win against Barnet, he also played in the following game against Hartlepool, which we won 3-2

:clap2:

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we sign any of the three players that we currently have on trial, particularly, Molango, I'll be very surprised. I just hope I'm wrong.

:yawn:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here