Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the club re-thought the away ticket allocations?

Unsurprisingly, the dearer £34 ESL tickets have not been popular. Instead, visiting supporters have preferred to pay less and be in the corner or in the south stand proper behind the goal.

For the Ipswich game, I see home tickets are for sale in what was preciously the away area. It would probably make sense if this was the case for future games, unless we have monster visiting support and they take their full 3300 allocation.

From Ipswich going forward, is the away allocation going to work like this?

S1C, S1D (Corners with about 835 seats) then if needed...
S1E (most easterly block of the south with about 650 more seats) and then.....
S1F (the final block we will offer with another 650 seats, meaning 2200 ish).

And finally, S1A and S1B (the ESL blocks with about 1200 more)

If this is the case, there will be very limited cheaper £28 south stand tickets available for home fans, but a lot of £34 ESL tickets. At least there will be choice....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Having two different prices for away fans was always going to be a bit daft. The first time we went to Colchester's new ground the tickets were £24 in the centre behind the goal, £22 either side of that and then £20 at each end of the stand. As we didn't take that many I went in the £24 bit with my £20 ticket. Next time we went all the tickets were the same price.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
That was the same at Liverpool away last season. They were piloting a system where the tickets behind the goal were £30, besides the goal £26 and then restricted view £24. They then completed screwed up by having less £30 tickets than they said, and most of us were put in restricted view. I really don't think it makes sense having different pricing structures for tickets. Especially as most people move around anyway.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What's so precious about the away area?

:jester:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Its pointless having different price categories, unless they are physically going to segregate the categories it will never properly work.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Happens at a few clubs. Off the top of my head, at Swindon (for a League game) they have seats behind the goal or in the stand, presumably there is a price difference there. Bristol Rovers had seats in the tent behind the goal or standing on the terrace down the side last time we went.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think £34 for those tickets is pretty much daylight robbery. its still not a great view for that amount. away tickets should be £28 across the board.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Happens at a few clubs. Off the top of my head, at Swindon (for a League game) they have seats behind the goal or in the stand, presumably there is a price difference there. Bristol Rovers had seats in the tent behind the goal or standing on the terrace down the side last time we went.

To be fair to Swindon you pay for a roof!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just seen this on Birmingham's website. Selling behind the goals and corners 1st.

Guess a 2000 allocation is Se corner and S1E + S1F.

I wonder if we can sell 1200 expensive tickets the the ESL?

Brighton V Blues ticket details

The original article mentioned they were asked by BHAFC to sell the £34 tickets first , is this a new ploy to sell more £34 tickets that get returned by the away club ?

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just a thought, rather than a load of speculation, some wild,some loaded and some thoughtful. on here, why not ask this question to the club?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
When home fans are taking S1A, which entrance do they use, the ESL or South ? If it's the latter, and what with the ticket actually saying S1A, these should be charged at £28.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here