Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Palace signed anyone yet this January?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Serious question, as I can't be arse to check their website etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine they are waiting to see how much they get for Zaha and Murray who hopefully will go at the 11th hour of the transfer window closing :thumbsup:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Two loanees, Nimely from Man City, a striker. And Butterfield, a midfielder from Norwich. I'm pleased to see you are that interested.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Nimley from Manchester City.

Apparently signing DJ Campell for back up to Murray, logic?

Two completely different players, Campbell would benefit playing up top with Murray.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Two loanees, Nimely from Man City, a striker. And Butterfield, a midfielder from Norwich. I'm pleased to see you are that interested.

I like to keep in touch with things. As your dick of a chairman spends all his time posting on your fans forum I'm amazed he found any time to sign anyone.

So not bought anyone yet then?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
A striker who's scored 1 career goal :lolol:

That's what happens when you're rotting in City's reserves. He has been played as a winger in every game he has played.

We've signed Jacob Butterfield who was pretty much the best midfielder in the division for Barnsley a couple of years ago. Holloway wanted him at Blackpool in the PL, so did Newcastle, but he went to Norwich and got injured. Initial 1 month loan, we want to make it permanent.

Also trying to sign David Vaughan from Sunderland (£2m) and DJ Campbell. That's without anyone leaving.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That's what happens when you're rotting in City's reserves. He has been played as a winger in every game he has played.

We've signed Jacob Butterfield who was pretty much the best midfielder in the division for Barnsley a couple of years ago. Holloway wanted him at Blackpool in the PL, so did Newcastle, but he went to Norwich and got injured. Initial 1 month loan, we want to make it permanent.

Also trying to sign David Vaughan from Sunderland (£2m) and DJ Campbell. That's without anyone leaving.

I agree with that, Butterfield was fantastic for Barnsley and after we'd THRASHED them 2-0 at the Amex last season, Poyet was drooling over how good Butterfield was and made a blatant attempt to soften him up a bit with a view to a move. There were reports at the time that we were trying to sign him, but ultimately he decided to miss out the middle man and go straight to our parent club, Norwich. He's been unlucky with injuries, but he'll do well for Palace. Unfortunately!

I think moving for Vaughan is ambitious, he was playing for Sunderland on saturday, but makes sense considering he worked with Holloway at Blackpool, same as DJ Campbell and Dobbie. It doesn't always work though, reference Micky Adams take 2 at Brighton...

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

So, DJ Campbell, David Vaughan and Nimely.

2 strikers and 1 winger, and you don't think anyone is leaving ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here