dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As the Dutch have won? ???

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
yes we have

from the bbc

The mathematics of England and Poland's qualification are relatively complicated.

There are eight groups within the European section of World Cup qualifying, but some have seven teams and some have six.

Automatic spots at Germany go to the eight group winners, and the two runners-up with the best points tally.

However, to avoid an advantage going to countries in seven-team groups - where more games are played and thus more points available - the runners-up in those groups have their records against the bottom-placed team expunged.

The means the Czechs, who have 24 points, lose two victories and revert to 18 points, but had they beaten Holland they would only have slipped back to 21 points, which would have kept England sweating.

As it is, whoever comes second in Group Six out of Poland and England will definitely be one of the two best runners-up, and will be going to Germany for the World Cup.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yep. I hope we don't go into Wednesday's game with an attitude that it doesn't matter, the team has a lot to prove.

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Despite all the doom and gloom....its the first time we,ve qualified with a game to spare.......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought we had. :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: GERMANY HERE WE COME....

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, that's saved Sven's job.

Now at least we have time to regroup and sort ourselves out for Germany. If the World Cup was next week, I'd be seriously worried about us winning a single match!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You heard it here first! :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I can't get too excited about something I fully expected. Like waiting for a bus - I'd have been FURIOUS if it hadn't turned up, but now its here (as expected from this laughable excuse of a World Cup group) and taking us to Germany, I'm more concerned about what next summer holds for us.

To give ourselves a chance, we need Sven and Tord to be on the next plane to Stockholm at 10.00pm on Wednesday. Sam Allardyce should arrive at Soho Square on Thursday morning, bringing with him a cool and refreshing Wind of Change to sweep through the England team, blowing away all cliques, favourites, and guaranteed places, resetting everyone to zero and starting from scratch.

This man then has 7 months to build us a TEAM that will do us proud next summer. Don't argue, you know this makes sense.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Easy 10 said:
Well, I can't get too excited about something I fully expected. Like waiting for a bus - I'd have been FURIOUS if it hadn't turned up, but now its here (as expected from this laughable excuse of a World Cup group) and taking us to Germany, I'm more concerned about what next summer holds for us.

To give ourselves a chance, we need Sven and Tord to be on the next plane to Stockholm at 10.00pm on Wednesday. Sam Allardyce should arrive at Soho Square on Thursday morning, bringing with him a cool and refreshing Wind of Change to sweep through the England team, blowing away all cliques, favourites, and guaranteed places, resetting everyone to zero and starting from scratch.

This man then has 7 months to build us a TEAM that will do us proud next summer. Don't argue, you know this makes sense.

I agree with every word Easy. Bring on Big Sam. :clap2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Stuart Pearce for me. It would be nice to see a bit of passion from an England manager. Chelsea must be devastated that they missed out on Sven.

:jester:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:

Just out of Interest what the f*** has Allardyce done as a manager?

cdavis said:
Despite all the doom and gloom....its the first time we,ve qualified with a game to spare.......
Doom and gloom?

Some of us remember having to wait SIXTEEN YEARS for England to get through the Group Stages and qualify for the World Cup Finals.

:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here