Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hated Players

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
Is There Any Current Brighton Players That Really Gets On Your Nerves And You Personally Think Is Crap?

I Personally Don't Like El-Abd That Much

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I think Livermore and Cox are shit but i've only seen 6/7 games this season.

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
I Don't Really Know

Maybe Letting Off Some Steam From Todays Match

Very Dissapointed

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I still don't think I'm watching the same Matt Richards as you guys

bar the Southend game (where he showed a great battling display) and the Man City game (where everyone played quite well) I've been really disappointed with him

WorthinGull

Only One BHA
Oct 18, 2008
i didn't mean it as you hate him completely as a person

but if like u hate the way they play football

if u reckoned they could do better then they are

Sorry anyone who takes it the wrong way

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
dean cox

hes f***ing shit he cant cross we shud sell him and cash in asap

wrong - he's not shit, he's lacking in confidence

Before he could try something different, to try to break down the defence and create chances, knowing that he could try it, and if it didn't work out, it was often a good try but unlucky

With all the stick he is getting from some w@nkers whio say they are supporters of the Albion, now if he misplaces a pass, or something he tries doesn't work, he gets told to piss off, or he's not good enough or that the manager should sub him now - so why should he try siomething different, that actually may have been the difference between a draw today and a win.

There are a few "supporters" that seem to believe that, as paid professional footballers, that every pass must be accurate and completed, every tackle won, every attempt scored or else they are are a waste of the (imaged) high wage that they receive

Some idiot near me today started having a go at cox after a couple of minutes, saying that he is a waste of the £2k a week that he earns and must be sold - £2K!!! hahaha, what an idiot, thats £104k per year, like he would earn nearly double the average wage for a first division player, especially when we miss out on players as we can't afford due to wages. It seems to be more to do with resentment that footballers get paid to play, and they get decent wages to do so.

the difference between todays match, and the Man City game, was that there was no pressure, no expectation on our players, and NO ADVERSE reaction when we got something wrong like a misplaced pass, just ENCOURAGEMENT. - instead of moaning, start trying to encourage them, it is far more effective at getting the players to play better that moaning.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is There Any Current Brighton Players That Really Gets On Your Nerves And You Personally Think Is Crap?

I Personally Don't Like El-Abd That Much

I don't get "fans" who decide that they don't like certain players in our squad, so El-Abd isn't one of your favourites, but why hate him?

He did well today, and last season, especially as he had to keep playing in different positions as cover for injuries and suspension, and if he hadn't got injured, would have been alot closer to player of the season as he played really well and was quite key in alot of our performances - so why hate him?

Your statement sums up exactly what is wrong at this club, our supporters have forgotten how to support the team, they have become far more obsessed with finding fault, and or figures of hate amongst the team, and have forgotten that the crowd can act as a '12th man', spurring on a team to victory, not what we have now, people trying to undermine the players confidence, confident players play better, players who can make a mistake like a misplaced pass and not have to worry about it are far more likely to play well, to try new things and find that pass that then does create that next chance against sides looking for a draw.

The real difference between now and when we were having success, is the fans lack of passion towards spurring them on, when the team came to the dugout during a break in play and everyone spontaniously starting clapping their efforts so far in that game, it gave them a boost of confidence, but we don't try to encourage our players to play better, infact we have the opposite, some would rather a player fail, so that they can say that hey were right and how shit someone is and how much they dislike them.

Next time we are not playing well, instead of berrating the team, try the opposite and get behind them again and cheer them onto victory

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Next time we are not playing well, instead of berrating the team, try the opposite and get behind them again and cheer them onto victory

All well and good, but this lot on the field don't respond.

Withdean as we all well know is not conducive to sustained noise.

People work hard all week to be entertained for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon, only to find the shite that's being served up depressing.

We should be able to turn up, be entertained and go home happy. Not every week is that going to happen of course, but in the League it hasn't happened once this season at home.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I still don't think I'm watching the same Matt Richards as you guys

bar the Southend game (where he showed a great battling display) and the Man City game (where everyone played quite well) I've been really disappointed with him

Hes a class above most other players, you must be watching a different matt richards to every other fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here