Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has wilkins done enough?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Overall..has the man done enough?

I personally dont think he has....I thought the whole idea of sacking a proven manager that succeded at this club..mr MM..was that we bring in a manager that will get us a final table position higher than the man your sacking..

I definately dont think it has been a good season..I also dont think the youth have been great and would have preffered another manager in the summer to take the club to better things.

We look very poor and the players dont seem to be doing it...as far as im concerned we give wilkins first 10 games of next season..if were in bottom 6...he goes!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
byf said:
as far as im concerned we give wilkins first 10 games of next season..if were in bottom 6...he goes!

...but its a 3 year contract.

He has done enough IMO. Instilled a bit more passion into the (very young) players and although he lacks consistency, I think this will definitely come with time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
in the end, mcghee had to go as he had lost the support of the fans and the board, and arguably had become stale

however, wilkins has been no real improvement on him, he has had one window to try and get some new additions in and fair play, savage and bertin have both been good signings. as too has flinders - but the team has not improved which is the problem

i would give him next season to see if he can make any improvements to the side, if not, having had what would be three transfer windows and a pre-season and we are still as bad as we are at the minute, then he should go

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Re: Re: Has wilkins done enough?

Simon Morgan said:
...but its a 3 year contract.

He has done enough IMO. Instilled a bit more passion into the (very young) players and although he lacks consistency, I think this will definitely come with time.

Why the fcuk did we offer 3 years though...surely he is still very unproven....if we struggle next season..we have to whack a compo package at him...nice work mr knight.

I know it looks good to install confidence in your manager but 3 years afetr a poor season is quite obsurd..

What is going on?!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
byf said:
...as far as im concerned we give wilkins first 10 games of next season..if were in bottom 6...he goes!

:thud:

Then back to square one again...

How about we stick with the man and give him some money to spend in the transfer market, show some faith and stay patient.

All that sun seems to have frazzled you brain cell. :p

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the point is a new novice manager needs time and support to find his way in his first season. Look at Boothroyd. I think the thing is to support him until it becomes clear he has had a chance but can't do any better. Up until that point I think he needs to be given time and space to show what he can reallly do.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Scotty Mac said:
in the end, mcghee had to go as he had lost the support of the fans and the board, and arguably had become stale

however, wilkins has been no real improvement on him, he has had one window to try and get some new additions in and fair play, savage and bertin have both been good signings. as too has flinders - but the team has not improved which is the problem

i would give him next season to see if he can make any improvements to the side, if not, having had what would be three transfer windows and a pre-season and we are still as bad as we are at the minute, then he should go

Spot on post and much less agressive than mine...this is what I meant to say!

:clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well when I shouted "Wilkins out" at the beach soccer after he fell over he thought I was joking.

This made him buck his ideas up coz he scored an absolute pearler with his left peg soon after.

Just wish he'd show our forwards how to shoot!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wilkins will do a very good job for us, I honestly think he da man!

Patience fella, patience.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Gritt23 said:
Wilkins will do a very good job for us, I honestly think he da man!

Patience fella, patience.

Ok....I'll tell the portuguese mafia to cancel their gatwick flight to murder DW.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
byf said:
Ok....I'll tell the portuguese mafia to cancel their gatwick flight to murder DW.

Surely the portuguese are too mincy to have a mafia?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Les Biehn said:
Surely the portuguese are too mincy to have a mafia?

Very miserable..you smile at them and they just screw their face up...its like being back in manchester..but with less rain and incredible mountains all about!

On my first day i knid of alienated myself by saying I hate christiano Ronaldo to a portuguese woman...she was slating english people and rooney..so told her all english people hate him and boo him every week.

She procceded to tell his cousin who works in the airport that I think he a diving little fcuker..now im hated..good.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
byf said:
Very miserable..you smile at them and they just screw their face up...its like being back in manchester..but with less rain and incredible mountains all about!

On my first day i knid of alienated myself by saying I hate christiano Ronaldo to a portuguese woman...she was slating english people and rooney..so told her all english people hate him and boo him every week.

She procceded to tell his cousin who works in the airport that I think he a diving little fcuker..now im hated..good.

Quality, you kept that one quiet. How you getting on with the OAP'S anyone died at your hotel yet?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
byf said:

:lolol: Stick to your guns my man.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
bhafc4eva said:
Quality, you kept that one quiet. How you getting on with the OAP'S anyone died at your hotel yet?

Well this little portuguese bint who's a rep for a portuguese company started saying beating england was the best day of her life and rooney deserved to get sent off and ronaldo's great..blaaaa blaa......she had it coming.

No1's died yet...but I might kill someone so I might have some work to do!

Its well hot today..im off back to the hotel in a bit...the food is amazing mate...gonna try it on with one of the fat reps tonight...sod it ive been dry for too long!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
it should have been a 1 year contract only :angry:
if the fans get on his back next season cause of bad results and the board decide to change the manager, that'll be an extra 2 bloody years money we'll end up having to pay him to end the contract early

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ernest said:
He should never have been given a contract and reading todays paper I think Dick Tight is having second thoughts :angry: :angry: :angry:

I had hoped you were going to come on and say " has he f***"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here