Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Tony got his priorities right

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Should we not be spending some money on a squad that can contend for promotion where Tony will get financialy rewarded with the television money.There does not seem to be any point wasting money on seating and training facilities when the squad is clearly struggling at this level:albion2::albion2:.
I am not complaing i just think we have a great ground ,large enough for now thanks to mr B,but think it would be a shame to get relegated for the sake of a goal keeper and 4 or 5 new outfield platers

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Should we not be spending some money on a squad that can contend for promotion where Tony will get financialy rewarded with the television money.There does not seem to be any point wasting money on seating and training facilities when the squad is clearly struggling at this level:albion2::albion2:.

hmm..enuff nsc me thinks until aftr saints game ..tally ho

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Tony Bloom must now stand by Gus and financially back him in the January Transfer.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

1. I really don't think that Tony is after a financial reward - after splashing £90m on a stadium, any financial return from TV will take a long time to recoup.
2. It's not possible to build a training facility and extra seats overnight. FFS how long did it take us to get our stadium - we're building for the future, not next week.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Absolutely ridiculous. A team is temporary, a setup is permanent.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Perhaps it's a bit like one of Tony's poker hands. Does he hold in Jan or buy players? Depends whether he thinks what we have got are good enough to keep us in the divison. I'm sure he was quoted before the season started that he wanted play offs this season? Personally I would love to finish in the top 10. Here's to 2012 and hopefully a fully fit squad.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes - completing the stadium and the new training facility are absolutely vital long term priorities. Ok, we have a current team problem. The priority is not to get relegated this season, forget the play-offs and the Premiership. We need 4/5 decent championship level players to come in either on loan to the end of the season or on contract and we need to sort out what the f*** is happening with Hoskins and Buckley then we'll stay up. TB needs to take serious stock once safety is assured and that includes, imo, whether Gus and Tanno are capable of taking us to the next level in the next two seasons.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I am not complaing i just think we have a great ground ,large enough for now thanks to mr B,but think it would be a shame to get relegated for the sake of a goal keeper and 4 or 5 new outfield platers

It looks like he HAS given enough money to the Manager - the problem is what the Manager has done with it!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Absolutely ridiculous. A team is temporary, a setup is permanent.

I agree with you but if we are in the 3rd tier next season how many of the new fans will replace there season tickets , i can`t see many 1901 members paying the current price to watch 3rd dividion football or even championship football for more than a couple of seasons.Iif a few quid had been invested in a decent keeper and reliable players instead of gambling on sicknotes we would be gunning for promotion and 90 million quid , can Tony afford to maintain the whole set up with gates between 10 and 13 thousand because that is what we will return to.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I agree with you but if we are in the 3rd tier next season how many of the new fans will replace there season tickets , i can`t see many 1901 members paying the current price to watch 3rd dividion football or even championship football for more than a couple of seasons.Iif a few quid had been invested in a decent keeper and reliable players instead of gambling on sicknotes we would be gunning for promotion and 90 million quid , can Tony afford to maintain the whole set up with gates between 10 and 13 thousand because that is what we will return to.

My argument would be:

1. We are NOT going down. We are on relegation form, but we have picked up enough points already that it really would take something spectacular to get sucked in.
2. If we did, the team is not going to fall apart overnight. With the right facilities, a year in league 1 could be a blip, and we would be in a better position to go back up soon, as probably the biggest club in that division.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
waste no more money chasing promotion this season-consolidate is the key word now.........

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
You bring in another 5 players you'll be worse off. Just look at Leicester, they've thrown loads of players together, yet haven't got a team. Similar to us in both L1 seasons.

Feb 14, 2010
It's his money and so he can have whatever priorities he wants. Personally I'm pleased he is investing in a training ground, and the new stadium for a long standing legacy instead of lining a few players/agents pockets.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's his money and so he can have whatever priorities he wants. Personally I'm pleased he is investing in a training ground, and the new stadium for a long standing legacy instead of lining a few players/agents pockets.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here