Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Support For the Albion Dwindled so badly that......

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
so badly that

- we only sold 16 tickets for the 1st home friendly in 3 years
- season ticket renewals are down
- season ticket purchases have gone down
- we have only sold 200 tickets for Rotherham for the 1st game of the season

it is a poor show from the fans

is it because we are unhappy with the manager?
is it because we are unhappy with the board?
is it because we are unhappy with the team
is it because we are unhappy with the lack of transfers activity in?
is it because we are unhappy with the falmer thing?

it is not doing our case good for a new 22,000 capacity stadium if we are gonna such poor ticket sales now

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Falmer thing has become a joke, its just dragged on and on and on and people just dont care anymore. They will come back if we get the stadium but until then we are back to being a small club with a big heart waiting for the golden gates to open.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think people have just had enough.

Ive got to be honest even if we are playing well and top of the league Im not sure it will be enough to get me to travel down from London to often for the "Withdean Experience".

Im going to do a few aways but apathy has definately taken hold, the state of the squad, lack of signings, and the Falmer farce have taken their toll with me.

I confidently predict an average crowd of about 5,700 next season for home games. I think Dick Knights priorities with cash will come back to haunt him, lack of investment in the squad will result in a lack of cash coming through the front door.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Brighton fans have allways turned out in numbers to follow a successful team and when we are on the down they disappear again. History shows it. F A cup finals, Play off finals, The rise to the old 1st Division. I allways remember the 87/88 season when we had just dropped to the 3rd tier of the football league for the first time in 10 years. First game of the season home to York city only 6,083 of us bothered to turn up. The last home game of the season was the promotion game against Bristol Rovers and 19,800 were there. Not to mention the 26,467 who turned up for the Arsenal F A cup tie.

It's up to the club to bring a bit of success to bring the fans back out of the woodwork again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
I think people have just had enough.

Ive got to be honest even if we are playing well and top of the league Im not sure it will be enough to get me to travel down from London to often for the "Withdean Experience".

Im going to do a few aways but apathy has definately taken hold, the state of the squad, lack of signings, and the Falmer farce have taken their toll with me.

I confidently predict an average crowd of about 5,700 next season for home games. I think Dick Knights priorities with cash will come back to haunt him, lack of investment in the squad will result in a lack of cash coming through the front door.

I concur.

People tend to watch a team for one of two reasons
1. Its playing well, good attractive,attacking football

2. Top end of table, winning games.

Brighton not doing any of that at the moment.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
For me, the Falmer debacle is causing the most apathy. Even with the green light, I'm seriously starting to doubt wether it will get built at all... I do hope I am wrong in this but I most certainly am not expecting a stadium in the next 5 years to come :down:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Kinky Gerbils said:
I concur.

People tend to watch a team for one of two reasons
1. Its playing well, good attractive,attacking football

2. Top end of table, winning games.

Brighton not doing any of that at the moment.

And unfortunately we don't like look doing either for the forseeable future :down:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
If your honest you like to get up and go to a game you think there is a chance of winning - lets be honest that has not looked likely lately. Looking forward to going to Rotherham but a shit e display and bad result and i'll think again for a few games. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

As for the Falmer debacle i'm bloody sick of it and as for withdean you can shove that place up your arse, it's just depressing the lack of atmosphere.

Last edited:

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm surprised about us only selling 200 tickets for Rotherham. Although I think most of the travelling support will pay on the gate.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it could also be that there are a fair few of us who are on holiday ( although I would not have gone to Rotherham anyway) Beach Hut would have and he is in France

For all teh KTF mob, there is certainly a feeling of apathy around

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
bew4194 said:
I'm surprised about us only selling 200 tickets for Rotherham. Although I think most of the travelling support will pay on the gate.

Agree with that - plus if you pay on the gate say the morning of the game you can't be arsed to travel you haven't wasted the money.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
gripper stebson said:
I think alot of people are just tired of the fight.... oh and £23.50 a ticket to watch Division 3...

that's me :(

but...once the season is up and running i reckon my enthusiasm might pick up. i hope.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
gripper stebson said:
I think alot of people are just tired of the fight.... oh and £23.50 a ticket to watch Division 3...

I think the above pretty much sums up alot of peoples feelings,
i still cant get over the £23.50 for a home game ticket :ohmy:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
gripper stebson said:

On the subject of ticket prices, I know it includes a travel voucher but what about the people who dont need it? Why be forced to pay for a travel voucher if you live within walking distance of the ground?. Or someone like me who works on the railway & travels for free. There should be an option on the tickets as to whether you require the travel voucher or not.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
British Bulldog said:
On the subject of ticket prices, I know it includes a travel voucher but what about the people who dont need it? Why be forced to pay for a travel voucher if you live within walking distance of the ground?. Or someone like me who works on the railway & travels for free. There should be an option on the tickets as to whether you require the travel voucher or not.

Also where does the the travel voucher cover you from?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
People are pretty fickle though. Yes high cost of tickets, crap facilities, no exciting new signings all play a part - but if we do get off to a good start then I'm sure attendances will pick up.

I do though think it's unlikely we will sell out many games this season which is probably another reason people don't feel the need to rush and get a season ticket. I'm sure some will pick and chose depending on how we are doing or the attractiveness of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here