Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has SC turned up for work

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Does anyone know whether SC has turned up for work this morning?
If not then we want to announce he has left.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Titanic said:
Where's Ferret when you need him ?

Silly boy's got himself a real job

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Coppell SSN say he is at Reading finalising personal details with the contract.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
probably called in sick

"hello, Mr Knight? It's Doris Coppell here, Steven's mum. Unfortunately, Steven isn't feeling too well today, so, er, he's not going to be coming in. I'll write him a note for tomorrow, yes. Homework? Umm, he's been too busy, er I mean too sick to do his homework I'm afraid"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
marvin said:
Coppell SSN say he is at Reading finalising personal details with the contract.

Writing in the 'get out' clause for when Reddung get approached by a bigger club? Somebody like Aldershot or Accrington Stanley perhaps?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am going to annoy Safeway now and copy & paste from the bbc.co.uk/football site

Reading are hopeful of unveiling their new manager on Tuesday.
The club had been expected to name Alan Pardew's replacement over the weekend but on Monday they revealed they were still working to bring in a new manager.

Brighton boss Steve Coppell is thought to be Reading's preferred choice and was reported not to have attended training with the Seagulls on Tuesday.

But Brighton chief executive Martin Perry angrily denied that Coppell's absence meant a move to Reading was imminent.

"I don't think you can read anything into that," he told this website.

"Steve was away in the north of England on Monday and may not have been back in time.

"We don't have any further information to add to anything that has previously been said."

Coppell linked with Reading

Reading's director of football Nicky Hammond had earlier refused to confirm Coppell as Reading's number one target.

Hammond said: "The board know who they want and we have been working hard over the weekend to try to resolve it.

"Things moved on over the weekend and we should be able to announce something on Tuesday or Wednesday."

Following Brighton's 3-0 win over Blackpool on Saturday, Coppell admitted that he had been in talks with Reading.

"I am torn. I have got something great going here. If we had the ground it wouldn't be an issue," Coppell told the Seagulls' official website.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
:lolol:

I remember pretending i couldn't walk to get off school.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just like a Palace man to get his Mum to ring up for him!

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Martin Perry says SC has not turned up for work today and have not heard from him. Only one thing to do announce he has left and move on very fast.???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:

"Steve was away in the north of England on Monday and may not have been back in time.

What's he doing-walking back?

That line says it all for me.

How many of us go 'up north' (and let's be honest here-Warrington isn't exactly too far) for business, a piss up, whatever and fail to get back in time the next day for work?

M6-M5-M40-A440-Mad Jet Ski's hotel overnight for an early start at the negotiating table.

Yorkie said:

But Brighton chief executive Martin Perry angrily denied that Coppell's absence meant a move to Reading was imminent.

".

That is just BOLLOX!

Away enclosure in Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night.....................................

back at work 9:00 sharp on Wednesday morning!!

The fans can do it, so why can't the manager????????

Anyway, Mr Perry, "back in time " for what? Signing a contract in Reading me thinks!!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
My boss here has the next day off after a trip to Portsmouth, the luxery of being in charge i suspose :p

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"MAY not have been back in time!" (My caps). Unless MP has been misquoted the club don't know where he is and he hasn't bothered ringing in. As Brian and his mrs have said - that sentence says it all

Wez

Aug 18, 2003
Worthing
its been dragging on too long now, SC needs to come clean and say whats what!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Wez said:
its been dragging on too long now, SC needs to come clean and say whats what!

True but its Reading that are dragging it out, I don't know if theres any leagal issue why we can't say whats going on, but untill Reading announce who it is we are all none the wiser !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here