Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone played Warcraft.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I happened to stray on to the website and when I was in the us a couple of years ago a colleague was playing it ( whilst in the middle of a tedious conference on cloud)

What exaclly is it and does it cost anything.

It has great graphics, I know that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It has a monthly subscription plus the cost of the game. You can play it up to a point for free but then you have to pay. I wouldn't say it's a game someone only casually interested in playing it should get into now, it has a very 'hardcore' element.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I have played it, its expensive first of all but it is the best of its type, being an MMORPG. What it entails is you pick a character for one of two sides (factions), then you choose your race, such as human, elf etc. Then when you get into the game its about levelling up your character whilst obtaining better weapons and stuff like that. Thats what an RPG is. MMORPG means that the game universe is filled with other players that you can interact with and if you make friends with some of them, you can go off and do quests together. I would agree that Guild wars II is probably a better bet as there is no subscription fee but if you want to try it only for a couple of weeks, warcraft is free aswell. I've got an account now out of membership and if you are going to get it, I can give you a better offer as a previous customer.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I have played it, its expensive first of all but it is the best of its type, being an MMORPG. What it entails is you pick a character for one of two sides (factions), then you choose your race, such as human, elf etc. Then when you get into the game its about levelling up your character whilst obtaining better weapons and stuff like that. Thats what an RPG is. MMORPG means that the game universe is filled with other players that you can interact with and if you make friends with some of them, you can go off and do quests together. I would agree that Guild wars II is probably a better bet as there is no subscription fee but if you want to try it only for a couple of weeks, warcraft is free aswell. I've got an account now out of membership and if you are going to get it, I can give you a better offer as a previous customer.

I preferred EVE Online, personally. I felt it had more depth and the team roles made it so much bigger.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Well it's now an absolutely enormous game in terms of content. It's not really hardcore unless you want it to be, because there's so much to do in it. If you havent played any mmorpg i'd say its the best place to start. PM if you want more details or are serious in joining, I'm in a guild with several "older" players and we'll help you along. Theres also a recruit a friend thing which i think would give you ( and me of course) some benefits

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
When I think of this game I think Of south park, lol.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Used to play wow religiously when I used Windows. As for price It's only £17 for 60 days In Tesco (Game time card). ALOT Cheaper than these "Free" MMO's which normally sting you with Item mall and the rest of the Micro transaction bollox. which In turn could cost you in the hundreds each month ("Free" MMO's I'm talking about there lol) I Have to agree though It Is quite addictive. But as a Linux user I'm stuck to Hon and Regnum Online. I could Install Wow Via Wine but since patch 4.3 It's been a pain to Install lol. I would recommend the free to 20 though just to get your toes wet. See what happens from there. You never know.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I play every day. Like others say there is the initial outlay plus a monthly subscription. If you are interested in giving it a go, I can send you trial. This will enable you to try the game for free. It will also allow you to have a leveling boost and I since I am the GM of my guild you can join that so there will be people to help out if you get stuck. The guild is a mature player only guild with the average age in the late 20's. Myself I am 40 and I am not the oldest in the guild. We have people from all over Europe in the guild and we are even planning on meeting up for a few drinks in October.

After 6 years the game is still the biggest MMORPG in the world (About 6 million people). Others have tried to take over, Aion and Star Wars to name a couple but none have managed to take hold. There is a new expansion due out later this year as well. At the moment you can buy the orignal and all the current expansions for about £30 if you get them direct from Blizzard.

If you want the trial pm me your email address and I will send you the link. Will need your email since the link is sent by Blizzard direct to you and not sent by me.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
I play every day. Like others say there is the initial outlay plus a monthly subscription. If you are interested in giving it a go, I can send you trial. This will enable you to try the game for free. It will also allow you to have a leveling boost and I since I am the GM of my guild you can join that so there will be people to help out if you get stuck. The guild is a mature player only guild with the average age in the late 20's. Myself I am 40 and I am not the oldest in the guild. We have people from all over Europe in the guild and we are even planning on meeting up for a few drinks in October.

After 6 years the game is still the biggest MMORPG in the world (About 6 million people). Others have tried to take over, Aion and Star Wars to name a couple but none have managed to take hold. There is a new expansion due out later this year as well. At the moment you can buy the orignal and all the current expansions for about £30 if you get them direct from Blizzard.

If you want the trial pm me your email address and I will send you the link. Will need your email since the link is sent by Blizzard direct to you and not sent by me.

I didn't think free trialists could get Into guilds. Very stripped gameplay from what I understand compared to regular users

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here