Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever travelled with away fans to a home game?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I am travelling down on a Birmingham City Supporters coach on Saturday (saves me £50) having failed to find a regular car share from the midlands so far!

£20 return a Blue Nose friend got it for me.

Anyone else done anything as daft as this for a home game?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I travelled down from the Burrell with a coach load of Sunderland fans, when we beat them 2-1 at Withdean a few years back. A Sunderland supporting mate arranged a stopover for them there. "come and meet us there" he said "there will be loads of Brighton in there" he said. Turned up, there were 2 of us.
Good atmosphere on the coach though. They weren't keen on Newcastle for some reason.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My brother used to work in Croydon. A number of his workmates came down for a Goldstone game back in the Mullery era. There were 5 of them and 3 of us. Wierd walking under the tunnel to the game (None of us were wearing colours). We let it be known who we supported.

On another occasion one of our Palace school mates, came down with a group of us Albion fans to a home game. As we passed the North East stand at the Goldstone, a Palace coach passed us. The scrotes decided to spit on us. They only hit one of us. You can guess which one of us they hit. :lolol:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Last season I caught the train from Southampton to Brighton for the Albion home game against Saints.

My blue and white striped shirt was a glowing beacon of love amongst their streaky bacon attire!

I'm seemed to be the only Albion fan on the train and was getting some strange looks from their fans, have to say they were all quite friendly.

It probably helped that Saints were top at the time (New Year), and we had 11 of our squad out injured/suspended.

Five hours later their faces were a picture after their 3-0 thumping!

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I drove my Pompey supporting mate, his 2 teenage kids and his mate to the Amex match last year. Some good banter on the way there and they took everything I threw at them on the way home. Not that they had a choice really!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ludicrously, me and Stumpy Tim once happened to bump into each other the bottom of Clermont Road just as a trainload of Palace fans were reaching the bottom of that very same road, bound for Withdean. The pair of us ended up being marched along by Sussex's finest with the Palace fans all the way to Withdean while ticketless Albion fans walking the other way threatened us from a safe distance with instant death. The horror! The horror! :down:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I came down to the Wednesday game on a jolly boys outing coach. I have so many interesting things to tell you about the trip. Unfortunately i don't have time this evening.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
travelling with away fans to home games must happen every game for a man u fan....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here