Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever listened to SCR for a non-sporting programme?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I'd love to know what the average audience is - the fare on offer is absolutely appalling.

It does make me laugh how much Harty tries to build up the other shows!

:lol:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Only ever listen to it for Albion. Would NEVER EVER listen to it for anything else, it's a coffin dodger radio station.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
chips and gravy said:
I'd love to know what the average audience is - the fare on offer is absolutely appalling.

It does make me laugh how much Harty tries to build up the other shows!

:lol:

its great on a saturday when he compares the bloke on after to barry white :lolol:

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
andrew_hawes_270.jpg

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Who is that?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Apart from the football coverage it's totally boring.

Albion Rob

I flicked it on in the car this morning because Southern FM had that stupid Wake Up and Win thing on.

They had a girl from the Sussex Wildlife Trust in talking about WOODLICE.
I decided to listen because I like woodlice and I learnt that I need to have rotting bark in my garden to give them somewhere to live. So when I get a house with a garden, that's what I'll do.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
bilgebu2.jpg

The commentator that does the wildlife stuff is quite good. Not that I listen to it much as I never remember when it is on. During the day I think.

The Andrew Hawes commentary is good as well. Most of SCR is unlistenable drivel though, and not just from the people who ring in.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I have listened to non-football SCR, it shames me to say.

My former work colleague used to join JoAnne Good every Wednesday morning for some celebrity gossip and mind-bendingly banal chit-chat. I tuned in just for support. f***ing painful it was. My colleague was such a drip - she was totally starstruck and not a bit naively dim.

'Ooh, I saw Julian Clary / Mark Little / Brian Capron / Sooty in Marks & Sparks the other day. I always knew that they bought clothes. If you were a celebrity, what clothes would you buy?' 'Ooh, I'd have to say pearls and sequins. You've just got to look glam, cos you don't know when Mr Right is going to show up, and you've got to look your best, haven't you...' AAAAHH, GET OFF MY f***ing RADIO, YOU PAIR OF BRAINLESS BINTS.

Never again. Unless I wanted details of the annual Sausage Sizzle with the Rottingdean Macrame and Tapestry Society.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Originally posted by The Large One ...
My former work colleague used to join JoAnne Good every Wednesday morning for some celebrity gossip and mind-bendingly banal chit-chat. I tuned in just for support. f***ing painful it was. My colleague was such a drip - she was totally starstruck and not a bit naively dim....
Never again. Unless I wanted details of the annual Sausage Sizzle with the Rottingdean Macrame and Tapestry Society.

Hawesy is a top bloke. And there are other SCR people who I know to be jolly good journalists. Sadly, they don't seem to get anywhere near enough air time. Something that is most often saved for air heads.

I confess to having to go on t'wireless occasionally and Jo-Anne Good was always a "challenge", given her notorious concentration span - or lack of concentration span - and her habit of suddenly making the most bizarre and irrelevant comments:"Oooh look, there's a lady in a yellow hat out there..."
"Didn't we used to play your school at lacrosse?" etc., etc. Which, even if you'd been asked to take part in a programme called, say, "Mindless Wittering" rather than the peak morning news show, would still have been bloody irritating.

Most of the SCR scheduling seems to have been developed with the aim of pleasing Sid and Doris Bonkers who are living out their twilight years in a geriatric secure unit.

Last edited:

Sergi Gotsmanov said:
Some shirtlifter going on about patterns!

Yeah, who is that? Last night the phone-in ended and they went straight into another show presented by some bloke that made Kenneth Williams sound the epitemy of masculinity.

Caller: "Isn't it delightful when little kittens play with one another. They're so furry and fluffy"
Presenter: "Oh I KNOWWWWW. Ooo, ooo" *mince mince*

f*** HIM OFF.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Thank God they got rid of Joanne Goode. A friend of mine was being interviewed on her show last year and so I listened in to be supportive. Didn't know when he was going on, so stuck with the show for about 45 minutes. She had verbal diarrhoea! Couldn't believe how much she wittered on about absolutely nothing

:nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We design the BBC SCR magazine here (the Argus publish it). The magazine is even worse thant the station! At least with the radio, you don't get to see their faces. Believe me, that radio station is the biggest advert for euthanasia I know.

It's not that I am being ageist (alright I probably am), but I just wouldn't want to grow old and behave like that lot.

And JoAnne Good, how old is she? 55? 60? 65? Nope, she's 46. She's forty-bloody-six and extremely f***ing tedious. What's she going to be like when she is 55?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
She's never 46! She must be at least 60 surely?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My finger slipped the other week when I was selecting stations in the car (honest) and I caught the tail-end of the story about that Albion director resigning from the board. After nearly crashing in blind panic at some new horror that had befallen the club, I steadied the wheel and stayed tune to get the full (as it turned out non-event) story.

I was then subjected to an incessant and prolongued barrage of banal, gentle "banter" between two female presenters and one male, revolving around the hilarious premise that his wife making him a cheese sandwich while he relaxed on the settee on a Saturday afternoon was somehow indicative of his "male chauvanism", and that he should make the sandwich himself, then take her shopping.

As this debate drew out to its 15th minute, I began beating my head against the steering wheel, and eventually woke up some time later in a field next to the A23, being cut from the wreckage of my car, just as Joanne Goode cheerily announced that "after the travel, we have George Chappell on the show, who is here to talk about his fascinating collection of bottle tops dating back to the 50's".

Then I blacked out.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here