Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's phone-in

Harty in good form tonight - loved the idea of "earwitness" :lolol:

Amazing that two of the first 5 callers devoted their call to slagging off Alex Revell. Neither had been at the game, shock horror.

Sensible thoughts from Reidy on our tactics tonight :clap:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oi you, get on with detailing your shift today. We have tales to hear

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
brightonfan_86 said:
One of you replying, there is only one of you replying! One of you replyingggggggggg........

It's the Colonel!! Back from his shift!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BarrelofFun said:
How can you possibly slag off Revell. He hasn't done much wrong. Are these gimps still hung up on the fact we didn't sign a forward fighting off competition from Chelsea?
Shame innit! Alex sweated blood for us tonight. Just love the guy's attitude, totally full on whether it's Forest in front of 20,000 or crappy old Withdean with a couple of thousand watching.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All the play went through Carpenter really. There were a couple of stray passes but not bad at all. They closed him down very quickly. Deano looked off the pace really and perhaps could do with a run in the stiffs. He is much better at going forward but keeps getting caught in possession.

Mayo was the weak link and could really do with being dropped.

Revell :clap:

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I think Revell runs around working his arse off for 90 minutes, getting into tackles and always trying to win the header, you might say he is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve, maybe the goals might not come from him in this level but if we just had a target man off lets say Burgess then it could be ideal for him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fragmented Badger said:
As I said, I wasn't there, so fear not, there will be no more "Is Richard Carpenter past it" type threads from me tonight. I am merely an EARWITNESS tonight:lolol:

:lolol: You diplomat. I wasn't trying to undermime your suggestions. ;)

I have only seen 3 games so far and he has improved since last season, but that was not difficult. :D

Hammond is not in his best form that's true but he does a lot of unseen, unglamorous work putting his foot in. I'm not sure if we could expect more from, say, a youngster like Fraser than that.

Just a little bit more concerned with Tony Stokes, thought he was a real find for us in the first 3 games and gave us a lot of attacking impetus from midfield - but two quiet games from him now. Hope he perks up against Crewe. Carpenter I thought was good tonight directing our play.

The ones that disappointed me apart from Stokes was Robinson continually losing possession cheaply, and a player I like a lot Dean Cox. The two little guys didn't work together up front and was it significant that Cox played much better when Jake was subbed.

Still, both Gatting and Loft looked lively when they came on and you can't complain about the results of that.

Boston were in many ways a mirror image of us over the last two years, sitting deep to frustrate a better technical side. As we found to our cost certainly last season, those tactics can be quite hit and miss - and they are out and we are in the hat on Saturday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fragmented Badger said:
So tell me about Mayo.......

:lol: He looked so much better pushing up. I think it is safer further up the field as one slip is not likely to create a chance and his distribution was fairly good.

His tackling has 'gone' to pot and got caught out a couple of times. Not the strongest in the air. Time for a run in the stiffs and see how Rents plays....

larus

I thought Carpenter, Mayo and Hammond were poor tonight.

Revell worked hard, but I'm still to be convinced he has the right quality at this level. I'm not saying I want him dropped, but I still wait to be convinced, and I hope he does improve.

Jakey & Cox did OK, as did Loft when he came on.

Santos was steady at the back apart from a couple of misplaced passes.

Reid had anothre good game, and pleased that he scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here