Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Has he quit then?

a real shame if you have, please don't go Harty a proper legend.

You do a really good job don't go, at least stay for a bit longer.

I for one will miss the phone-in, Stay!

I caught a bit of the phone-in today when the presenter and his guest seemed to be avocating the development of Withdean as a solution to our problems.

Frankly, I turned off at that point because that was the pits, so-called supporters agreeing with the agenda of Norman Baker , De Vecchi and the Lewes councillors :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Beeercan said:
Has he quit then?

a real shame if you have, please don't go Harty a proper legend.

You do a really good job don't go, at least stay for a bit longer.

I for one will miss the phone-in, Stay!

:wave:

London Irish said:
I caught a bit of the phone-in today when the presenter and his guest seemed to be avocating the development of Withdean as a solution to our problems.

Frankly, I turned off at that point because that was the pits, so-called supporters agreeing with the agenda of Norman Baker , De Vecchi and the Lewes councillors :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Fully agree - even worse, a very sensible guy who had attended every day of the PI explained fully why they were talking out of their arse and got cut off. :nono:

A legend from The Withdean years, lest anyone forget.

Had the SCR phone-in been anywhere near as interesting since his departure from it?

Over-pc'd off that station (imho), but a great part of the experience coming home from the game and trying to be careful in calling from the car and not get in trouble....but usually while stuck in slow traffic heading up London Road.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
A legend from The Withdean years, lest anyone forget.

Had the SCR phone-in been anywhere near as interesting since his departure from it?

Over-pc'd off that station (imho), but a great part of the experience coming home from the game and trying to be careful in calling from the car and not get in trouble....but usually while stuck in slow traffic heading up London Road.

Harty was, and still can be a brilliant radio presenter. Part of the reason he left along with Hawsey was because of that stupid WL Incident.
I hope the morons who complained back then are happy because the phone in has never been the same since. We lost two brilliant presenters.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Personally thought the programme became very stale and contrived and his constant championing of Adams, whilst belittling those who weren't impressed, was f***ing irritating imo. I found the wl episode totally unprofessional if amusing and as it happens the wls were the ones who actually saw what was happening, in retrospect.

I was sad to see Hawsey go but the new guy is just as good imo, at least he actually has enthusiasm for the Albion.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
When you present to the public you have to be on guard in the PC world we live in today, no use moaning about people who make mistakes, it comes with the territory, presenting a radio show about something you love (such as BHAFC) is a privilege that you have to respect. I personally thought Harty needed a break, it was becoming stale.

The current format of multiple presenters works well because it is not all about one persons persona (as it was for Harty) which I think works well, even if they don't have Harty's zest.

Having said that, I'd welcome him back if he ever gets the chance (or wants to)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the show as a 'phone in' should be scrapped as it is poor and it should be revamped for next season as a normal sports show with reports and interviews and presented by a regular sports presenter.

As regards Harty returning, I have spoken to him on a number of occassions recently and I get the impression that he is very happy and looking forward to next season as 1901 member and that there is not the slightest chance that he will go back to the phone in even if asked. Having said that I suppose everybody has a price at which they could not refuse, although I do not feel that this is likely in his case.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I thought that the Club podcast where he hosted John Vinicombe and Tony Millard was an outstanding piece of presenting. It was one of the most interesting things you will hear about the Albion, and there is a lot more ground to cover with that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The current post match radio programme is utter turd, I think we can all agree with that. I do like the current commentators though.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I for one do miss Ian Hart. An absolutely top bloke and a great phone in host. I really enjoyed the sense of it being a 'fans phone in' rather than a 'phone in organised for the fans'. If that makes sense? He always took loads of flack and dealt with it well in my book. Top man.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I thought that the Club podcast where he hosted John Vinicombe and Tony Millard was an outstanding piece of presenting. It was one of the most interesting things you will hear about the Albion, and there is a lot more ground to cover with that.

Thank you I really enjoyed doing it.

As for the phone-in in retrospect by 2008-09 and after 10 years it had become stale, the ousting of Dean Wilkins and the Dick Knight induced populist return of Micky probably didn't help, they say you should never go back and given the support of friendship he had given me away from football, even prior to Lickergate, meant that perhaps my 'fans view' of things was clouded, this situation intensified as things got worse, I make no apologies because when my back, and Hawesy's, was against the wall he was one, of many, who stood by us. As we all know seasons turn on decisons, matches etc, who is to say had we beaten Luton in the JPT semi final and gone to Wembley the obvious lift that would have given the club would have enabled Micky to keep the team up? We will never know, and thankfully we ended up with Gus so it all turned out in the end.

The Harty phone-in had its time, and that time has well and truly gone, I thank everybody that ever listened to it,phoned in or texted, its was truly a time of my life I wont forget, even the crap bits.

But its nothing compared to what we've all got to look forward to at the Amex.

D

Deleted member 2719

Personally thought the programme became very stale and contrived and his constant championing of Adams, whilst belittling those who weren't impressed, was f***ing irritating imo. I found the wl episode totally unprofessional if amusing and as it happens the wls were the ones who actually saw what was happening, in retrospect.

I was sad to see Hawsey go but the new guy is just as good imo, at least he actually has enthusiasm for the Albion.

That's exactly as i see it i think Harty has been hyped up far too much.

I think the new guys are doing a great job.:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I remember sitting next Harty when we played under MA at Cheltenham (I think), and there was no way that Ian was a MA licker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here