Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty Backs Losers

sadam

Jul 31, 2003
lewes
GREG STANLEY, JEFF WOOD , MARTIN HINSHELWOOD, BACKED BY HARTY IN THE PAST, DRINKS IN ARUNDAL WITH THE GREAT MATE GREG (GULLSEYE DAYS), GIVE JEFF A 3 YEAR CONTRACT AFTER TWO WINS, AND HINSH SAY NO MORE , LUV YOUR PHONE IN BUT YOU ARE GIVING BOB THE KISS OF DEATH, GREAT BLOKE, GOOD LAUGH, PLAYERS LUV HIM, IM SURE HE COULD TAKE US UP, BUT WHERE FROM THERE,???? YOU NEED CONTACTS, EXPERIENCE, AND RESPECT, TO THE PLAYERS HE IS A MATE VERY COSY AND FRIENDLY , WE NEED A MONSTER NOT A PAL.:flameboun :flameboun

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yeah I mys admit i was surprised to hear Harty going on about Bob Booker being the man last night. I definitely think he is better off remaining as number two at least for now.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
tigana - nice dream but in reality would never happen !

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm unsurprised (even pleased) at the love felt for BB manifesting itself in the 'BOB4JOB' campaign, but I'm also worried by their apparent short-term memory loss. By and large they were the same people who though Booker and/or Hinshlewood should get the job when Adams left and then were pleased when Hinsh got it when Taylor left.

It's like falling 200ft from the top of a multi-story car park. It will ALWAYS hurt no matter how many times you do it. You're all lined up on the edge thinking "well it can't be so bad this time". Yes it will be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't want Wood. I was pissed off when we got Hinshelwood, mainly cos it was div 1 and he had no experience.

I would like to see Booker get the job though.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Booker is close to the players and the players want to play for HIM. They talk of togetherness and no matter how good a coach you are, you need to have players on your side and prepared to get results for you - Booker has that.

Give him the job. He'll keep the squad together and we will be promoted as cham-pi-ones!

I love the fact that we was loyal to us when Leicester came knocking despite the fact he had been overlooked for the managers job.

BOOK ER
BOOK ER!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Totally agree, well said sadam & Gunther.
He forgets he was the only one who wanted Hinsh last year.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sadam I can state with my hand on my heart that I never had a drink with Greg Stanley in Arundel and was very wary of him from day one, he actually threatened to have Kennard and I 'kneecapped' after the Gulls Eye plane crash frontcover. I think your mixing me with up with Attilla, who was well and truly sucked in and freely admits that now. As for Wood and Hinsh I made a mistake I'm not the first person,I won't be the last, but I seriously don't think Bob Booker will fail if he's given a chance, however judging by the tone and content of Dick Knight's phone call/rant to the BBC SCR last Thursday I very much doubt he will get the chance.

Why can't BB be kept on his regular contract, with bonuses for managing games and then more for wins ?

I suppose that isn't much different than was tried last season with MH, but anyway there should be a wary side to DK now, and a run of losses would have to be shorter than MH had.

If the players are prepared to stand by BB, then you have to imagine they are prepared to play their hearts out to keep proving their points.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bob Booker has put his hat in the ring, and I have no objections to him being Manager. It seems the best to me. I have no idea if he will be shrewd enough, tactical nous, intelligent to outwit the opponent Managers: most supporters I cannot see them being in position to know.

I think he will make a few mistakes, but the same would apply to Steve Cotterill.

If we win at Brentford, that would be a strong indication. And to put one across Barry Fry: I would expect any Albion Manager to do that!

Chris Cattlin will always likely to remain the most interesting Albion manager. He achieved some outstanding results, wins against Liverpool and Newcastle and made some enormous boobs against Southamopton and Aldershot.

Barry Lloyd is the one I liked the least, his percentage football and boobs as well, but most of all his public presence, which always left me feeling depressed.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I like BB, I think he is character and generally an all round bloody nice bloke.
But do Bloody nice blokes make good managers (usually not).
I think he deserves a chance at it, but as we have been stung in the past with internal appointments, he wont get that chance.
In my heart of hearts I am happy with that.
Step up Mr Dowie.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
totally agree with 1st poster.

most "pundits" say - i am not picking a manager but would like manager x"

Hart starts a whole campaign each time.

probly booker coz he gves him inside info.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
BB's in a strong position, his current role is guaranteed, he could be offered the top job or he could wait for a phone call from Adams, Taylor or Coppell when they are looking for a new number 2. But if it doesn't work out with our new manager who goes?

He is too close to the players (a born no 2) - remember how most players supported to appointments of Wood and Hinsh, wonder why?

The squad needs strengthening - someone with recent player contacts is needed.

Whoever becomes our manager they must feel proud and honoured to manage the Albion - no short term career hoppers

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
I'd give BB the gig until New Year or we lose 10 on the trot, whichever comes first, then review it from there.

:drink: Easy!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Dunkstar said:
Sorry but the last 2 games we have been poor and won but we can't be poor and win forever..........................

The lad's absolutely spot on. We have played very poorly for the last two games. We've won, but then consider the opposition. If these two games have been an example of what Bob would do for us as manager, then let's move very quickly to find a permanent replacement for Steve.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
timbha said:
BB's in a strong position, his current role is guaranteed, he could be offered the top job or he could wait for a phone call from Adams, Taylor or Coppell when they are looking for a new number 2. But if it doesn't work out with our new manager who goes?

He is too close to the players (a born no 2) - remember how most players supported to appointments of Wood and Hinsh, wonder why?

The squad needs strengthening - someone with recent player contacts is needed.

Whoever becomes our manager they must feel proud and honoured to manage the Albion - no short term career hoppers

I agree Bob is a born number 2. I would personally want a manager in who would work with him.

I think the squad is strong enough at present providing we keep Rehman a bit longer (and I heard it was Bob who got him in and not Coppout)
It would need vastly strengthening next summer if/when we get promotion.

Unfortunately you last point about feeling proud and honoured is a very rare commodity in any walk of life.
Are you proud and honoured to work where you are? I just want a manager to come in and do his best.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Albion need another manager who can play the loan system for all it's worth and who has the contacts and respect of those outside the club. Gotta be another big name short on loyalty wot needs the work I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here