Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool have SACKED Danny Wilson

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That is all.

Ok.. so I started a different thread about the same time. But have they really 'sacked' him.. That's the Sky headline, but the statement says he has "left", and thanks for all the good times blah blah.

Not necessarily the same thing at all. Especially as they're not doing too bad.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Club statement:

As of today, Danny Wilson has left the services of Hartlepool United Football Club.

Chris Turner will be in temporary charge of First Team affairs as well as carrying out his duties as Director of Sport.

The Club would like to thank Danny for the hard work he has put in during his time at Victoria Park and wish him all the best for the future.

Which would automatically be interpreted as 'sacked' by a journalist as he hasn't resigned... But what about his record suggests he's worthy of being sacked at the moment?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But what about his record suggests he's worthy of being sacked at the moment?

All about expectations. If the club were expecting to be pushing for play-offs, then knocking around in 13th isn't very good at all.

Are you suggesting then, that he hasn't been sacked, but has been allowed to walk because another club has come in for him, a club he has ties to, perhaps he played for them back in the day?

;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All about expectations. If the club were expecting to be pushing for play-offs, then knocking around in 13th isn't very good at all.

;)

Did he know he was supposed to be in a play off position by mid December? ;)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Are you suggesting then, that he hasn't been sacked, but has been allowed to walk because another club has come in for him, a club he has ties to, perhaps he played for them back in the day?

;)

It wouldn't be an outrageous conclusion would it? Especially as Hartlepool sit eight points off the play-offs and 7 above the drop zone. That doesn't really suggest it's a club in crisis. Pure speculation, of course, but as educated guesses go.. it wouldn't be a surprise if we have a new DW on the bench in the New Year.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It does seem strange given that he got them promoted last season and they are in the third round of the FA Cup against a Prem team.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Unbelievably harsh. That's who the board will surely go for if it gets to the stage that they have to sack Adams, which I don't think is now.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
just out of interest like....How many managers can you have on the payroll at any given time?

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
6 points a head of us - 10 away from the play offs - make of it what you like.

Pool have clearly got more ambition than us at present...squad for squad I would suggest that we are better than them. On that basis, we should be about 6 pts ahead of them...therefore I would suggest we are underperforming by about 12 pts.
Whatever the reasons for Wilson's departure, the Pool board have acted quickly and decisively and given themselves a chance to kickstart their season. ( Hang on !...Thats an idea )

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Maybe DK will enter into secret negotiations with him as to coming in as manager as our current incumbent has turned out not to be the man to take us forward.;)

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
could well be unveiled as our new manager on wed morning in the field at Falmer, team bus can drop Micky off at his house near Leicester on the way home - believe Micky still lives in / near Market Harborough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here