• Both, and drop Charlie

Votes: 25 37.9%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
OGH has not had the best of season's, but Reid looks a bit lost out wide on the right.

Who do you think should have the shirt tomorrow?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
Why the hell have people voted to keep oatway on and not play hart, and then don't even give a bloody reason :angry:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Otway and Reid seem to be a natural partnership. Charlie harries and tackles for the ball, and Reid picks up the scraps and feeds the ball to a free player.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think Oatway & Reid should play, but Read should play centre midfield. He looked real class in that role at Wrexham.

I'd go for a 4-5-1 line up with wide left & right pushing up when needed, and defending when it's prudent to do so.

the line-up would look like:

Roberts
Virgo, Cullip, Butters, Harding
Carpenter, Reid, Oatway
Knight (or Hart) Jones
Iwelumo

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dover said:
Otway and Reid seem to be a natural partnership. Charlie harries and tackles for the ball, and Reid picks up the scraps and feeds the ball to a free player.

Exactly. Hart has got more pace when he plays part of a match so good for a sub later on.

Oatway must start - can't believe that's even up for discussion given that Swindon are coming at us at 100mph and we will need a huge amount of protection for Danny and Butters. Those suggesting otherwise should go and get their coaching badges from Kevin Keegan!

It is close between Reid and OGH - but logic suggests OGH. Why?

Swindon pressing forward will leave space up front for us to exploit. Although Reid is a better passer than OGH, that won't be a problem because our space won't be congested up front. We will have plenty of room to launch fast counterattacks - this is OGH's forte - running into space in front of him with the ball.

Swindon tomorrow will make the game an open lottery - whoever scores first will get the advantage. OGH has more goals in him than Reid. Reid's shooting in advanced positions has been the most disappointing aspect of his play.

OGH to start. Bring Reid on later if we have a two-goal lead to kill off the game with possession football.

Great question El Pres.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Reid's forte is winning the ball and getting it to Iwelumo or Knight

He plays better in the centre but I cannot see Oatway or Chippy being dropped.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chippy and Nathan are the two untouchables in midfield at present. I cannot see McGhee dropping Charlie, whose natural instincts are defensive, for someone who is more cultured but unproven in the form of Reid, although it would be more entertaining to watch. If you want entertainment go to a circus, where you can see clowns with huge gloves, size 24 shoes, fire engines with square wheels and buckets full of glitter.....actually you can see that at the Withdean too!

I would think that reid will start, he is the more solid player and Harty seems to be more effective when he comes for the last half hour and can really go for it without knackering himself out.

Personally I would like to see reid in the middle, which would mean sidelining Oatway, which I accept could be a risky thing tonight.

McGhee is not much of a gambling man so I would expect to see the same team as sunday. If we got the same I'll be a happy man :clap2:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Oatway broke up play on more occasions than I can remember Sunday and is a vital cog in a game like this.

Personally, I would prefer to see Hart start the game as he gives us more of an attacking option and if on form, will give Swindon something to think about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here