Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp - Kind Words About Gus In Todays Sun

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
In his column he was talking about the best young British managers finally getting a chance to prove themselves, and then he says...

"In the cause of fairness, I must point out one non-Brit who has simply blown me away with his approach and that's Brighton's Gus Poyet.

I would recommend any young coach to go and see Gus' team in action. Brighton play with a verve and passion that sees them pass the ball brilliantly and effectively.

Sure, Brighton have had some iffy results and they have come unstuck, but it hasn't stopped Gus, 43, sticking to his philosophy.

When I was a 'youngish' boss at West Ham, Rio Ferdinand was in the team at 16. I didn't tell him to whack the ball as far as he could but instead encouraged him to play out from the back - and he became one of the country's best centre backs.

Sure he made mistakes but I believed in how I wanted to play the game and understood that young talent needed developing."

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Is that Redknapp lining up Gus as the next Tottenham Manager when he takes the England job:eek::eek::tantrum:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
hes started it off as a compliment about gus, and ended it with a compliment about himself.

thats how most Harry Redknapp quotes go

:lol:

It's funny because its true.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Looks like he wont be averse to loaning us one or two youngsters.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Love the way it's 'Brighton's' Gus Poyet, rather than - I don't know - Gus Poyet, 43, the sheet welder from the Clyde.

To be fair they have to make it clear because from what I hear Gus Poyet from Clyde is on of the countries top sheet welders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here