Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harley and Hoskins

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
The Argus insinuated that these two lads are in similar, if not as serious, positions as Sparrow and Vincelot.

Yet judging by Hoskins' tweet and Harley's 10 minute cameo on Tuesday night, could The Argus be wrong? Or if they are right, why include Harley?

Personally I think the lack of knowledge shown by the players regarding their situation is slightly alarming to say the least.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I can't see why we'd get rid off Hoskins with no new striker or put Harley on if he was going to let go

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think Harley will drop out of the 7 subs if/when Vicente is fit, with Dicker dropping to the bench - hence why he was told he won't get a lot of plating time this season.

Hoskins is a victim of an injury at a bad time(both seasons). He could be our answer if he gets fit and can show Poyet he is worth hanging on to. It seems Poyet still has the hump with Hoskins for going to Sheffield Utd last season - and he(Poyet) doesn't appear to one to forgive and forget.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think Harley will drop out of the 7 subs if/when Vicente is fit, with Dicker dropping to the bench - hence why he was told he won't get a lot of plating time this season.

Hoskins is a victim of an injury at a bad time(both seasons). He could be our answer if he gets fit and can show Poyet he is worth hanging on to. It seems Poyet still has the hump with Hoskins for going to Sheffield Utd last season - and he(Poyet) doesn't appear to one to forgive and forget.

I hope you have told his wife/girlfriend about this. I mean that is an important part of foreplay.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Harley, I suspect, is being 'shop windowed' in an all out attempt to sell him.

Hoskins would be gone but for the injury.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

I never really understood that situation. Surely if Poyet didn't want Hoskins to go on loan he would have just rejected the offer and told Hoskins he needs to stay and fight for his place?

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
For anyone that is interested, this is Will's tweet from after the game:

'Off to bed. Great attendance tonight. Can't wait to back in the thick of it. Bones healing well and all on track to be back as planned.'

Doesn't read to me like someone who is about to be shipped out

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

'Off to bed. Great attendance tonight. Can't wait to back in the thick of it. Bones healing well and all on track to be back as planned.'

True. But I refer you to his tweets around the proposed Bournemouth deal...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

How does that cost Harley his place on the bench, as you seem to have just switched Dicker and Vicente around from where they were on Tuesday.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury

Agreed. Sounds more like someone prepared to fight for his place - just what Gus likes!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I guess his staying or going will depend if we sign the forward before deadline day. If not he is clearly going to be needed and have a role to play, we would be very short without him or a replacement.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I agree, and I think Hoskins can do a job for us and that's probably the only way Gus will forgive him for whatever happened last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here