Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding in the papes again...

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
If this has been posted before, then tough, but in the Star today...

Everton hope to snatch defender Dan Harding away from Brighton in a cut price £200,000 move as the England Under-21 star is stalling on signing a new contract at the Withdean Stadium...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
nail-Z-gull said:
50% sell on would help.

Those sell on clauses are wank at Prem level. Spurs prooved that by simply using the player in a swap deal! Bastards!

When we come to sell Knight (which I'm not suggesting we do but at some point we probably will) I suggest using him in a swap.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Mcghee has already said wed rather wait til the end of the season unless we get a BIG offer as well easily goet £250k at tribunal.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Albion Dan said:
Mcghee has already said wed rather wait til the end of the season unless we get a BIG offer as well easily goet £250k at tribunal.

You sure? Can't see us getting that much - and when you enter into a tribunal, you are forced to accept the outcome

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He said someone would try and nick him for 200k but they wouldn't let that happen as they could gt at least that much at a tribunal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Scoffers said:
and when you enter into a tribunal, you are forced to accept the outcome
Are you sure about that? I used to think that but then somewhere that it wasn't the case...

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Simster said:
Are you sure about that? I used to think that but then somewhere that it wasn't the case...

I am pretty sure that is the case, unless the rules of engagement have changed recently. I suppose this would be a good one to ask the club, so I'll do that

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i think you would have to accept the tribunal but i would definately take my chances if the offer was only 200k.
U21 international would surely command 400k minimum i would think.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Insider has confirmed (via the Ask the club a question) that indeed we would have to accept any tribunal ruling, however they hoped that he would sign for us.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
IF - and it is a big IF - this is true, I'd let the miserable runt play for us in this division for the rest of the season. Then we'll see if Everton come in for him. They'll probably need a couple of bench warmers next season. If they double their offer, maybe the clubs can talk.

A tribunal may well come out in favourably for us because we have been seen to be trying to keep him by offering him a good contract, and playing him. If he had not been playing, it would have been interpreted as us not valuing him much. The fact he has been pissing about is down to his agent - not us. Anyway, f*** it, this is all speculation.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Look on Seagulls World at the last 3 goals we have scored. Who is one of the first people to run over and congratulate Chippy and Leon - yes your right "Dan Harding", from the look on his face he appears to be very much part of this team's spirit.
On the other hand, if you look at Bobby's reaction when he scored twice against Wolves last weekend, now he is not a happy man. I think Harding will stay, unless we get a massive offer. 200K!!! typical report from a shit newspaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here