Harding for Everton - Genuine article from Liverpool Echo

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
tommy boy said:
the main role of a defender is to stop goals going into the big white thingy

harding isn't quite doing that at present

Do you really believe that Mayo is a better option?

:nono:

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I think it's time to wipe off all the negative comments made about Harding on NSC. Everton need to know the truth - Harding is a better player than Ashley Cole and must not leave for less than 3 million.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Uncle Buck said:
Do you think Mayo would have been so easily bundled off the ball on Friday?

I doubt he would have got anywhere near the ball. He is well off the pace now. Mayo that is.

:lolol:

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Storer68 said:
At the moment I think Ian Chapman is a better option:lolol:

But isn't it nice to know though that another club is prepared to pay £750,000 for such a crap player...

Premiership clubs don't often offer that amount of money for the fun of it.

Perhaps Everton are really after Mayo and have got their left backs mixed up.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Zebedee said:
In terms of spotting ability and talent, I would trust Moyes' and Taylor's judgement over most of Harding's NSC critics any day of the week

So would I normally. But not in this case. I'd trust the judgement of the people who watch him week in, week out.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I see the Harding knockers are still alive and kicking. So sad.....

:nono: :nono: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I thought that last season he was quality, but this season got off to a nightmare at Reading & his confidence is shot to bits.

Normally I'd be gutted to see a promising youngster go; but these aren't normal times, so if we can get a good wedge for a player who isn't performing too well, then let's get as much as we can.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
smudge said:
I thought that last season he was quality, but this season got off to a nightmare at Reading & his confidence is shot to bits.

Normally I'd be gutted to see a promising youngster go; but these aren't normal times, so if we can get a good wedge for a player who isn't performing too well, then let's get as much as we can.

I don't disagree with you Smudge, especially given the parlous state of the club's finances. But I do think that much of the criticism of Harding of late has been a tad OTT.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Zebedee said:
Am I the only one that is getting heartily sick of all the criticism that Harding is getting? I know that he has had a few bad games and has made mistakes but what young player doesn't? If Everton do offer £750,000 they will be doing so because they believe that Dan has a bright future, not because they are some naive charitable institution. In terms of spotting ability and talent, I would trust Moyes' and Taylor's judgement over most of Harding's NSC critics any day of the week.

Awaits flamin'

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :D :D

Have to agree with you Zebedee. I put a thread up recently saying very similar. Harding is and will be a good player. Only 21 and he just gets all his mistakes magnified,. Up until that error when he was fouled he had a good game. If as has been stated that loads of clubs are interested then I'm surprised a few NSC people haven't been approached to start scouting. Obvously their own proffessional scouts don't know what they are looking at.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Zebedee said:
I don't disagree with you Smudge, especially given the parlous state of the club's finances. But I do think that much of the criticism of Harding of late has been a tad OTT.

Agreed. Brighton never had much of a rep' for slagging off their own players. That was left to QPR & Spurs!

Withdean enables the moaners to be heard, as has been said many times before on here.

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
this thread cheered me up!! :clap:

would be a shame to see such a promising player leave however (bearing in mind we have just let claridge go also)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here