Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy to beat Watford then bow out in 5th round of Cup?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Glancing at the 4th round draw and the number of all Premiership ties, there will be a maximum of 10 Premiership clubs in the Fifth round (possibly less if 3rd round replays spring a surprise or two).

Given that the Watford tie is potentially winnable (albeit a tough one), would you be happy for us to go out in the 5th round and concentrate on promotion?

Or could this be such an open Cup tournament, we might suddenly fancy our chances of getting a fair bit further?

On balance, provided we give a good account of ourselves, I wouldn't be that bothered if we lost at Watford. But if we won, and got a winnable draw in the next round ... it would be fun to have a bit of a cup run wouldn't it?

And if His Gus-ness uses our squad as sharply as he's managed so far, it *might* not have to affect our promotion push ... ?

What d'ya reckon?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think Gus will decide if we want to try and go past Watford, my guess is he will think its too hard a tie to risk a strong team and will field mostly reserves.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If we get past Watford, is our TV match v Plymouth cancelled on the Monday after round 5 day?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
well tbh i would prefer our big ' glamour' away day next round if we past Watford . roll in the cash and concentration on promotion
i love the fa cup and always want us to win ( obviously ) but this year i really think the league is so much more important than in recent seasons

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In a very selfish way I hope it finishes at Watford as I will miss the 6th round.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
In a very selfish way I hope it finishes at Watford as I will miss the 6th round.

well you can still go to the 5th cant you ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
well you can still go to the 5th cant you ?

Oh yes will go to that.

Apart from that it would be better to concentrate on the league now as we have a terrific chance to get automatic promotion.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
for this year only, let's let it go, concentrate our efforts on going up!! Next year we can focus a little on the FA Cup, too much to lose this year!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Oh yes will go to that.

Apart from that it would be better to concentrate on the league now as we have a terrific chance to get automatic promotion.

me too tbh , just to much to lose

so if you can go to the 5th y ar u bothered about the 6th round . we might get a huge team in the 5th round ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here