Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Birthday tomorrow (23) Frank Worthington

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Great player, Played for BHA too - what a time that was!:clap2::clap2:

don't believe me ? Watch this.........[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Frank+worthington+goa l+bolton+v+ipswich+1979&mid=2DD80813B8C87E2543642DD808 13B8C87E254364&FORM=LKVR2#[/video]:drool::drool:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
anyone remember the free kick he scored for us against wimbledon?

came back of the bar and hit dave beasant on the back of the head and went in

he was abit over the hill when we got him,but he was still too good for us at the time,brilliant player

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I love that goal against Ipswich! You can even see the ref applauding it was that good.

Yeah, even though he was well past his best when he played for us you'd still get a couple of bits of magic from him every match. I used to love watching him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I remember seeing him hit a penalty so hard (South goal) that although the Wolves (I think) keeper saved it, he needed treatment on his hand. I'm pretty sure, teh ref ordered a re-take as well.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Legend is a well over used label. But in Frank's case it fits. His mastery of the art of football only equalled by his charming ways. Nice Movember effort to boot.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Spent a fantastic night in a nightclub in Leeds with FW, he told me that he once played a game while he was still coming down from an acid trip and went up to head the ball from a corner but pulled out at the last minute when the ball turned into a giant slug. Absolutely true. We put him on the guest list for our gig and he got us a box at Elland Road - top bloke, massive Elvis fan.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Way too good for us even when he played for BHA, except his legs had gone. You could see what he wanted to do, but he no longer had the pace to get there (unfortunately none of the rest of the team had his vision to get there either). He could play a ball into space that appeared impossible. At his prime he would have destroyed all opposition at that level without even breaking sweat.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Legend is a well over used label. But in Frank's case it fits. His mastery of the art of football only equalled by his charming ways. Nice Movember effort to boot.

Absolutely, he was a craftsman with the football; practiced for hours and hours.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Agree it was a bit surreal having FW in our team but recall his wise old footballing head often made up for the lack of pace in his legs.

Maybe Vicente is our current equivalent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here